Ciprofloxacin eye drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ciprofloxacin eye drops

HI , I have tried this drops .Just one drop per eye and kept it for 3 1/2 hours.
    But the next day i felt it as if my eyes were more dry and reddish then before.

I have tried this drops before also...started 2 months before.
    But had put only once in one month.

I put this drops recently after 3 weeks time and after stopping restasis for about a weeks time.

Could i reverse this drops effects as i am a little depressed now..

Hi!

I believe Ciprofloxacin eye drops contain a preservative called benzalkonium chloride (BAK) which can cause more dryness. Perhaps your eye doctor can prescribe a preservative-free antibiotic eye drop for you.

My eye doctor gave me a prescription for a preservative-free antibiotic eyedrop called Vigamox that seemed to help me.

Pam

Comment

HI nyc,
      thanks for ur reply.
      My concern was whther the eyes would return to their normal condition after 1-2 weeks ,since i have stopped Ciprofloxacin or the dryness now has increased permanently,

Comment

Hi!

When I had used an antibiotic that contained a preservative, I found that the increased dryness associated with using this antibiotic, went away a few days after completion of the medication.

Perhaps you can discuss with your doctor that you have experienced increased dryness while using Ciprofloxacin and would like to know when the increased dryness will subside.

I hope this information is helpful for you.

Pam

Comment

Working...
        X