Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Azyter - never stops burning?? Anyone with experience?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azyter - never stops burning?? Anyone with experience?

Been so bad for a while, and decided to try the Azyter I had at home. Tried only my worst eye before going to bed. It stung but not unbearable and it was gone this morning, so took drops in both eyes this morning, and it stung and burned but almost in a "nice" way since the eyes started tearing more that normal, like when eating spicy food. BUT then the burning never went away! It has bene burning the whole day, and not nice any more. Lubricants dont help one bit. It burns even more when I close my eyes. So now I am not sure If I should continue this. Eyes look good, no more redness. But I wonder if this is an effect that will resolve after being on the drop for a few days, or if it will be like this for the whole treatment period? I was only expecting burning for a limited time after dropping. Anyone who has experience of Azyter, I would be most greatful to hear about it.

Hi, just wanting to write a similar thread but found out yours
    I have dry eyes post lasik and the doctors in Oslo recommended me Azyter and doxy. I have MGD.
    I'm very reluctant about doxy and I thought I just need to give it a chance to Azyter.
    I'm so sorry I did this. I tried it once before sleep and it burned almost the whole next day.
    Then after a couple of days I tried it again in the morning.....it took me several days of intense burning to get to my normal...
    Like you, I'd like very much to see others experiences with Azyter. I hope others will reply to your thread.
    All the best
    Another LASIK VICTIM
    Cristina

Comment

Originally posted by Cristi View Post
      Hi, just wanting to write a similar thread but found out yours
      I have dry eyes post lasik and the doctors in Oslo recommended me Azyter and doxy. I have MGD.
      I'm very reluctant about doxy and I thought I just need to give it a chance to Azyter.
      I'm so sorry I did this. I tried it once before sleep and it burned almost the whole next day.
      Then after a couple of days I tried it again in the morning.....it took me several days of intense burning to get to my normal...
      Like you, I'd like very much to see others experiences with Azyter. I hope others will reply to your thread.
      All the best
      Another LASIK VICTIM
      Cristina
      Thanks Cristina, now I know I will not take any drops tonight anyhow. Could it be the effect on inflammatory agents that makes the stinging, like with Restasis (which I havnt tried yet) ?
      I had azithro oral med for 5 days when this started. Then I got a UTI of course, so I dont like systemic treatment either.
      How are you doing today?

Comment

Well, I couldnt stand the burning, so I have started on cortisone drops instead, I had a few vials left. And horray, pain is gone and eyes are shiny white! Too bad I cannot use it more than a few days... But... anyone tried to use Azyter together with cortisone? Maybe it stings less?

Comment

I was told to NOT put Azasite in my eyes but to apply it to the lid margins. I understood that Azasite has some super-penetrating capabilities regarding the meibomian glands. I'm not sure if Azyter is exactly the same as Azasite, but you might want to just check with your doctor if it's okay to put it on your lids and not IN your eyes. Of course, some of the drop may drip/migrate onto your eye surfaces, but hopefully you won't have that horrible reaction if it's put just where you need it.

Comment

Working...
          X