Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had their dr offer an antibiotic for comfort?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had their dr offer an antibiotic for comfort?

As the subject states, has anyone ever been given an antibiotic for comfort?

i have MGD and EBMD and had just gotten an erosion. I was in pain and the dr said let me give you moxifloxicin (sp?) and I took it for about a week, only in the left eye, my worse eye. He told me it's got added comfort. So it's been a few weeks since I took it, and I'm noticing even though I'm having erosions in this eye, it's more comfortable, almost no burning. But the right one still burns. Maybe I'm making a correlation where one doesn't exist, but I feel like he decreased the bacterial load in the left eye and that removed some menthol feeling. Removed it all actually.

So when I follow up with him on the 26th I'll ask him if I can apply it to the right eye. If he believes it could help as well.

Just throwing it out there, hadn't thought about the fact most of us with MGD pretty much have permenant pink eye. I hope my assumption is correct because if it is, i could start feeling really good in a few weeks.

this mismatch between symptoms and clinical signs, this is poorly understood atm.

What country are you in?

azithroymicin should be better than moxifloxicin.

if you have erosions, you should get yourself on serum tears. also consider prokera as well.

dont be afraid to see another dr, get more opinions as well. i visited 10+ drs across 3 countries before i found a true dry eye expert.

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post
      this mismatch between symptoms and clinical signs, this is poorly understood atm.

What country are you in?

azithroymicin should be better than moxifloxicin.

if you have erosions, you should get yourself on serum tears. also consider prokera as well.

dont be afraid to see another dr, get more opinions as well. i visited 10+ drs across 3 countries before i found a true dry eye expert.
      I take serum 8-12 times a day...the dr that makes my serum offered this after my erosion. He's a great dr and I trust his opinion. He's figured out every single one of my problems.

The azasite is used off label, for two weeks when you initiate treatment for MGD. There are other uses as well, but for me, that's how it was used. It burns really bad that's one reason why he prescribed the moxifloxacin, its gentle in the eye. I just had an erosion so I think he wanted to reduce my pain. It worked. So I'm just curious if I'm missing something here. My eyes aren't red or pink at all but feel infected. Makes sense because my tears aren't there to wash away the bacteria in my eye.

Again, I see him in a month so I'm going to ask him to explain why he gave it to me in detail.

The resin I'm bringing it up is because this feeling sucks...the menthol burning feeling and I'm only noticing it in my right eye now. Could be coincidence....but I feel like we reduced the bacterial load in the left eye and since I've been maintaining my compress and hygiene, it's kept that infection better under control. I'm just assuming that's the case, I'll make sure I find out andvreport back what he says.

Comment

The only thing I can suggest is Prokera -- give it a try! It's relatively low risk.

Comment

Yes, the doctor who did my LipiFlow gave me Azasite after LipiFlow had no impact. He told me Azasite might help my eyes feel better, but it didn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokucat View Post
            Yes, the doctor who did my LipiFlow gave me Azasite after LipiFlow had no impact. He told me Azasite might help my eyes feel better, but it didn’t.
            Azasite burns so bad, so I'm not shocked that it didn't help much. I'm almost certain that's why he gave me a different antibiotic. I really like this guy and I've been giving him a hard time....but everything he has suggested has been spot on. It's like he can read my mind lol..in reality, he's just got tons of experience.

Comment

Working...
            X