Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not had to use any for the past week or two. My eyes feel good.
    I still keep a bottle on standby at all times, just in case.

Comment

I was watching the video's on this post: http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=7022
      and the dr suggests that it can be used once a month, so with a break between applications - is that one way to counter the fact it has preservatives maybe? (it's on video number 3 if you check them out).

Interesting stuff...
      just keep swimming...

Comment

One aspect of the drug is that it continues to remain effective in tissues for an extended period. I think that is why you can take a month long break.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
          You can not buy it without a prescription in Canada nor the US. I called.
          I went all the way to the pay part and it did not ask for a prescription, and it asked what country you are from etc. So maybe they are just saying that on the phone, but they dont ask online.

Theres a loophole, its the same way many get restasis from edrugnet.com
          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

I am going to try this soon, not that optimistic, doubt it will do anything.. coz whats causing my MGD isnt bleptheritis its inflammation of my inner eyelids from vascular damage. I have no blepth, i did a while after i got dry eye at first, but it was a result of the MGD rather than the other way round. Also nothing has helped so far.. but we shall see.

My tonsils have been inflammed for ages, and as such my eyes have been fine as usual. Im supposed to be getting them removed, but ive been trying to see if i can live with it, the only problem is its hard to talk loads- when i do my throat will really hurt, then have to rest it and not talk for days.. so its not really practical.. but neither is dry eye. However when im not talking.. i feel normal at the moment. I can deal with abit of pain from throat, just the talking is gonna be hard to live with.
            I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

sasy123,

I am looking at the prices and it is so much cheaper...my insurance only covers generic brands.

I have never bought drugs over the internet, is this something that is commonly done...it is safe?

Bernadette

Comment

azasite stinging

Just curious does the Azasite burn terribly when you use it? I dread when I have to use it nightly (dont even need it , but Dr. said it would'nt hurt) because it burns so badly.

Comment

I use Azasite as well but it certainly doesn't last a whole two weeks. The bottle is tiny and expensive. $83 full price but I paid $50 with my insurance. However, it's a bear to get the drops out of the bottle! I've banged the bottle on a table and then it flows easier. Supposed to have 50 drops in the bottle... hmm..... maybe I'm doing something wrong because it didn't last that many for me.

Twice daily, one drop in each eye. My employer just changed medical insurance providers and I need a refill of the drops NOW! ACK!

Comment

keep the bottle upside down and it will last more than 2 weeks

Originally posted by krissy View Post
                    I use Azasite as well but it certainly doesn't last a whole two weeks. The bottle is tiny and expensive. $83 full price but I paid $50 with my insurance. However, it's a bear to get the drops out of the bottle! I've banged the bottle on a table and then it flows easier. Supposed to have 50 drops in the bottle... hmm..... maybe I'm doing something wrong because it didn't last that many for me.

Twice daily, one drop in each eye. My employer just changed medical insurance providers and I need a refill of the drops NOW! ACK!

Comment

I hold the bottle up side down and give it a tiny flick of my writst and then quicky get it over my eye.

I have to admit that my eye Dr. gave me two 2.5ml bottles for free...that was very nice of him. After 4 weeks I am still using the first, but only one drop a day for me.

Bernadette

Comment

i read that you should discard the bottle after 14 days...!

Comment

I know..I phoned my Dr. about that but he told me to keep using it until it is gone...I do wonder about that one but I also think my dry eye Dr. is amazing, but I am open to more thoughts on the 14 day shelf life.

bernadette

Comment

I am now using it once a day and the pharmacy did say to pitch it after two weeks, but I'm sorry..... I have to use it for the next two months and I am not paying $35 every two weeks to use it when it's not gone yet.

Comment

Can we all work to research if this will help those, including myself, with MGD due to ocular rosacea (inflammation)?
                              Current Diagnosis: MGD due to Ocular Rosacea , TBUT of 5 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by Meebo View Post
                                Can we all work to research if this will help those, including myself, with MGD due to ocular rosacea (inflammation)?
                                anyone have any feedback bbump?
                                Current Diagnosis: MGD due to Ocular Rosacea , TBUT of 5 seconds

Comment

Working...
                                X