2 applications in a Azasite bottle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 applications in a Azasite bottle?

My doctor put me on Azasite for a month. It was some kind of brand that my insurance makes me pay $40 for. I used it two days, with one drop in each eye and there is nothing left. That's $20 a day. I read that it had 9 days in it - that still is SO expensive - but I didn't even get that. Anyone else have this problem? I use Restasis and I don't have a problem, so I don't think I poured the stuff in my eye. I've got another 28 days to go...

Is it possible that they gave you a sample size? The bottle I had probably would have lasted i month had I followed through (horrible burning). Maybe your dr. can actually give you some samples to offset the cost?

Comment

You know that was my thought - that I had gotten a sample bottle. My doctor had given me a sample bottle and it lasted the same amount of time. I don't see how a pharmacy would sell me a sample bottle though. I guess I will bring the bottle to them.

Comment

I was using a 2.5ml bottle that was a sample size that my Dr. gave me for free, it said not for sale on it...it lasted for three-four weeks using it only in one eye.

What size is the bottle. It can be a little tricky to get out...are you sure there is nothing left in there? If there isn't than bring it right back, two drops is an empty bottle in my mind, imagine if you had missed your eyes!!

bernadette

Comment

I got the 2.5 bottle as well. The first got me through 10 days. The second was completely empty!. I could not twist the protective cap off, so I had to remove it with a box cutter. There was nothing inside. No tan colored screw cap. No drop applicator. just an empty shell. Makes you wonder if the drug company (or bottleing contractor) puts a few emptys in there for fun!

Comment

I ended up taking the bottle back to my pharmacist and they got my insurance company to give me another bottle. You might give it a try.

Comment

After you can't get anymore out flip it over and you should be able to get some more out of it
              Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

I think I only used it for 2 weeks but I could be wrong. I have no rx coverage and with all my health conditions my meds can cost hundreds or even more a month. I explain that to my docs and if they have samples they are usually happy to give it. Also Costco and you don't have to be a member is much cheaper then like cvs.

Comment

I had the same problem. Called my pharmacist and they say there is 21 drops in each bottle....evidently you must use very small drops.....not like using a regular eye drop. Seems off but that's what they say.

Comment

I've been on the same bottle of Azasite for over 35 days so far. I use one drop in each eye once a day (so a total of 2 drops per day).

After the first 30 days or so, I had to start storing it upside down and giving it a little shake.

I definitely would not characterize the size of the drops as small.

If you try storing yours upside down and even that doesn't help, I would go back to the pharmacist and get (demand) a replacement. This medication is expensive and they need to ensure everyone gets the right amount.

Comment

Working...
                    X