Azasite and Blurring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azasite and Blurring

Is blurring for about 5-10 minutes normal after you put in a drop of Azasite? It only happens in one the eye, I don't get any blurring in the other eye.

Thanks!

I started AzaSite 3 days ago and I notice a horrible stining for about 30secs. I don't know about blurring as I take it before I go to bed.
    Do you also take it in the morning?

Comment

I took at 2x/day for the first two days, and now I'm taking it only at night. The first time I took it, I didn't put in Lotemax first, so I had horrible stinging and burning. But now, I use my Lotemax first, and the stinging and burning has lessened quite a bit after I put in Azasite. Lotemax didn't help w/ the blurring though.

Have you noticed any improvement yet?

Comment

I can't say whether I notice an inprovement or not after these three days. Dr. Latkany once wrote it takes 3 weeks to see- I only have a 2 week bottle, but I think I might use it a few days longer.
        My eyes seem to be a little less irritated but definitely feel drier. But this can also be the weather or whatever. I won't make a judgement until 2-3 weeks.
        What about you?

Comment

I get the blurr in both eyes.
          Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

I've been using it for a couple of months and very occasionally get blurring for a few minutes.

I also very occasionally get burning/stinging for a minute or two (not on the same nights as the blurring, I don't think).

So far, I haven't noticed any rhyme or reason as to when I get the blurring or burning. Most of the time, my Azasite application is uneventful!

About your 2-week bottle -- I was able to get mine to last at least a month. At some point, I began storing it upside down and giving it a little shake.

Comment

Stephgurl,

You say your eyes are noticeably dryer. Mine were too, and it scared me to death. Let us know if you feel your eyes improve and get less dry after your course of treatment. My doctor wanted to try it again, but I was not inclined to do so as my eyes had never been dryer.

Melissa
              pianolady

Comment

I was prescribed both Lotemax and Azasite (2 sample bottles to last for one month). For me, steroids give me a dryness sensation that goes away once I stop using it. Feeling "dry" isn't one of my usual symptoms, instead I have "menthol sensation", grittiness, irritation, etc, which steroids usually help until I stop using it. For me, the dryness sensation that steroids cause is uncomfortable, but it is not as bad as my other symptoms, which interfere with my life.

So, yeah, since starting Lotemax and Azasite, I definitely feel drier too. But I'm not sure which one is causing it...or maybe both? I think the only way for me to know if I am being helped is to see how I feel when I stop the Lotemax.

My eyes also itch after I put in Azasite. Anyone else? I go to sleep right after, so its not too bad...but its kinda strange.

Comment

Working...
                X