No announcement yet.

how long is azasite supposed to taken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long is azasite supposed to taken?

My doc said to use it for 3+ months until my next checkup which is in august! I thought you were supposed to cycle it, like only use it for 1 month then stop? im pretty sure i read it somewhere but i forgot where

I don't think anyone has a definitive answer for that. Some people do it in one-month cycles, others (including me) have to use it continuously or we go right back to square one.

I asked Dr. Latkany what protocol he uses with patients (you can find the post somewhere in the Q&A forum with him) and he pretty much confirmed this.

He also said that we don't know what the long term effects will be of using Azasite.

If I could get away with cycling on and off, I would do that. But since using it continuously is the ONLY thing that has given me any relief -- out of the million and one treatments I have tried (and am still trying), I don't have a choice. My eyes are still bad even with the Azasite, but generally not as unbearable as pre-Azasite.

Comment

i see i see thanks for the answer. ive been on it for like 2 months but i think within the last week or 2 its starting to get worse. like its not super bad or anything but my eyes are getting a bit drier which is weird.

also how bad is it to use bottles for more than 14 days?

i read that you were supposed to discard after 14 days but i havent! i just read this

Comment

Think it all depends. I've been using it for about 2 months atm. Last cycle I did 2 months or so.

First 2 weeks I ever used it, it put the anterior blepharitis into remission (boy that was nice) which it hasn't done since so that is the reason it is probably better to cycle it. It's still nice but I doubt It'll ever be that potent again.

Also it's expensive and once a day is probably not enough... and yea I think it still reduces inflammation/kills stuff but you don't get the type of remission like at first eg your eyelid skin will feel different and you can see where it's not inflamed.
        Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

This is my first time using it, and it was prescribed to me for 1 month. I think my doc implied that if it doesn't help within a month, it probably won't help at all.

Comment

Working...
          X