Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azasite - Your Experience

Hi all,
    My doctor has given me a bottle of azasite to try for MGD/ocular rosacea/inflammation. I've heard some great things about it on this website .... and some grave warnings against using it.
    I'm hesitant because I'm sensitive and have had negative results with most topicals....I have to be very careful because the wrong move can set me back with a worse condition for a long time.
    Yet, I'm suffering enough that I'm thinking of trying it, in hopes that it will help me, not hurt me.
    I'd like to hear from people who have used this drop.....what was your experience? Good or bad? Did it help? What where the side effects? If you had bad effects, how long did it last?
    Thanks..
    Karen
    sigpic

I was given it for a couple weeks and did not notice any difference good bad or indefferent. I have heard good things about it and was hopefull. The dr I see said he might want me to run another course of it so maybe something will change this time? hopefully.

Comment

I've been using it for a few months. One drop in each eye once a day. It started helping me within maybe 1-3 weeks. After that, the amount of help it gave me plateaued -- didn't increase but also did not decline. It remains the only thing I have tried that has had a dramatic, noticeable effect.

It does not make my eyes anywhere near what I would consider "ok", but it reduces the most alarming redness and the acute discomfort to the point that I am not constantly preoccupied by how bad my eyes feel.

Initially, I tried stopping after month, but my eyes went right back to being as bad as they were before I started it. I went back on it and have been using it ever since. I did try taking a few days off awhile ago, but eyes got bad again.

No side effects. No negative effects (thus far).

I am also on Restasis, doxycycline, omega-3 oils, NAC, and I do warm compresses for 10 minutes twice a day. I used Alrex for awhile earlier this year. When I don't do compresses, my eyes suffer. Except for Alrex, I haven't tried stopping any other treatments to see if they matter. (Stopping Alrex had no effect on me.)

Comment

I was never so dry as when I was using the azasite - alarmingly dry. I feel that this set me back terribly and actually damaged my oil glands. I had not experienced the terrible burning until I tried this drop.

I would be very careful. If you feel drier, I would stop immediately.

Just my two cents,
        Melissa
        pianolady

Comment

Working...
        X