Azasite questions. please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azasite questions. please help!!

I had a bad flare up with dry eyes the past weekend-just awful out of nowhere. I went to my eye doc yest.. he said my glands were horribly clogged although I do warm compresses and massage daily and am on Doxy and fish oil, restasis, etc..

He prescribed Azasite.. took it yesterday-felt good until this morning -then really dry again-missed work.. He said not to take it anymore but I went ahead and took another dose.. hoping it will unclog the glands.. My doc is 120 miles away and is on vacation the next week.!! I wish he would have manually expressed the glands!!

Has anyone had any luck with Azasite and MGD and what about side effects??
    Jenny

Jenny,

I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but I had a terrible time with azasite. He said my schirmers had increased in the one eye only after the one month course of azasite, but my eyes never felt dryer.

Best wishes to you,
    Melissa
    pianolady

Comment

I felt so much better yest and again today so far.. so i think it is safe to say Azasite isn't drying me out.. It is my 5th day on it.. guess it is helping. yeah!!! i think my extreme bouts of dryness are made worse by my stress...
      Jenny

Comment

Jenny, I will second that 100%! My dryness is so much worse when I'm stressed...it's almost unreal. Sometimes I wonder just how much damage all that stress can do...

Comment

Working...
        X