This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Sclera lens broke >>>

I have had my Boston Sclera lenses for about a year and half now in both eyes and have had great success with them.

I have always been very careful with them and diligent in their care because they are so expensive and gave me back my site.

Today as I got up to take them out of their overnight container and rinse them to put them in my right eye the lens just crumbled and broke ??? I am so upset especially because my right eye is the one with the major problems and legally blind without the lens.

Has anyone ever had the lens break just like that ???
    I honestly think that because my right eye lens is so customized and was so thin it is not as strong and will not last long even with the proper care. My left lens is much difference in thickness from what I can tell when I care for them.

Does anyone know what is the intended lifespan of the lenses with the proper care???

Any feedback would be appreciated... So upset

Contact the BFS and ask them to replace it if possible. You don't need to go there since they have your measurements.

Comment

Thank you Captain
      that is the first thing I am doing on Monday AM but was just curious if anyone else had a similar incident and any feedback on expected life span of the lenses since they are so expensive and not really sure why it broke

appreciate your response

Comment

I don't know what the expected life is (that's a question for BFS). Personally I expect to replace my lenses every couple of years. I have never broken a BFS lens but I once had another large RGP break. Just plain bad luck. I was cleaning it and it flew out of my hand and I caught it between two fingers and it snapped in two. They are delicate and accidents do happen.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

p.s. I saw your other posts. As in most forums, duplicates are never appropriate here.

New posts need to go in the open forum - NOT the topical archives. Topical archives are where inactive discussions are filed to make it easy for people to search or browse on a particular topic. This is stated on the headings of the topical archives.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca

Thank you for your feedback and other posts
            I apologize if you took them personally... Emails and posting can come off in an unintended tone just to the fact of being so upset so I do apologize for that
            I did not know I could not post on other forums of the site and just so upset over this wanted to get as much feedback as I could
            I could see if I did drop the lens because of how fragile they are but it was btwn my thumbs rubbing them as I always have and it just crumbled

I will address longevity with BFS tomorrow when I call to have another one made but I don't think every 14 months should be when it's needs to be replaced at least at the cost they are ...I hope not because I cannot afford to replace them at that rate

Thanks again
            Last edited by ChristineNY; 02-May-2010, 13:40.

Comment

Working...
            X