Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scleral Lens for the first time... Experience ..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, what you are talking about sounds quite similar to my problems, which resulted from LASIK.

I have Wave RGPs, which are relatively large custom corneal lenses. Before my OD designed them, we discussed my issues and goals. My biggest problem is with night vision - huge starbursts around each light source; streaks from the edges of light objects agaonst a dark background; and seeing multiple images of bright objects like the moon.

My OD designed an enlarged optical zone, which gives me corrected vsion when my pupils open wider in dim/ dark. This corrects better than 90% of my issues.

I am sure it is possible that wearing the lenses longer will help reduce the starbursts, especially if they are worse when you have excess tears or drops, such as right after inserting the lenses. But I am sceptical about the long term.

I would suggest you discuss the possibility of designing a larger optical zone in the lenses.

Good luck . . .

Comment

inserting sclerals

hi there---
      i have been working on fitting synergeyes lenses now for 6 months (they are similar to inserting the sclerals)...anyway, just got my 1st pair of sclerals and i feel like a pro. this is what has worked for me.the trick is this: hands must be washed and drier than dry. the face and eyelid must be dry too so as not to be slippery. no lotion separate the lower and upper eyelids with thumb and index or third finger. the lens to be inserted on the plunger should be verticle. use a small mirror under the lens and have your head at a 45' angle. gently press the lens to your eye and you should be able to see the mirror thru the hole/base of the plunger. if you can't see the mirror, you are not in the right position, or there is an air bubble. be sure that the little hole on the lens is at the 12 o'clock position when inserting. hope this helps

Comment

I noticed you are from Albuquerque. Did you get your sclerals from a local doctor? Would you feel OK writing me a PM about which doctor you have (if local)? I am having lots of dry eye and vision trouble this spring and summer and was thinking of sclerals as an option (I wear glasses now).

Calli
        (dry eyes from Sjogren's)

Comment

Working...
        X