This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New order... opinions please

When I first heard about Sclerals I thought they were the cat's meow when it came to contact lenses. Maybe not getting them in and out, but comfort, health and longer wearing times. Now, the more I read on this thread I'm wondering if I made the right choice by ordering my Sclerals.

I see Rebeca wears hers for 16 hrs a day and that would be a minimum for me due to my long work day and my 2 hr round trip drive time. I suffer from many.... many post Lasik complications that cannot be corrected with glasses so rigid lenses are my only answer. My Dr recommended the Sclerals due to the large optical zone and I am subject to dry, dusty conditions when I deploy.

When I gave in to "hope" and ordered my lenses I didn't know what to ask my doc regarding Sclerals. Now I've read that some folks here have had negative results with theirs. I would like to get some feedback on wear times, comfort, lens care and will I need to remove and reinsert them during the day for any reason? Are they as healthy as regular RGP's? I can only hope that many of the negative issues folks have had with their lenses are simply because of poor fit. I can say I wasn't real comfortable with the trial pair I had in the docs office but then they weren't a custom pair, either.

Thank you.

I can only speak from my own experience. It may be quite different from others' experiences.
    I love them!! I was fitted in March of this year at BFS. I wear them every single day for as long as I am awake. I put them in first thing in the morning and the last thing I do before bed is take them, clean them and soak in peroxide solution overnight. My guess is that most days I wear them about 16-17hrs. They are never uncomfortable on me. Sometimes I feel some dryness and then I either use drops, or take the lenses out, rinse them and insert with fresh saline. I'd say I have to that once or twice a week. Most days I do nothing with them all day long.
    According to the docs at BFS, these lenses are actually very healthy for your eyes, PROVIDED THEY ARE FITTED PROPERLY! If correctly fitted, they bathe your corneas in saline all day long. When I had corneal abrasions, the doctor at BFS made me wear the lenses all day long in order to heal the corneas.
    They have changed my life.....honestly!

Robin

Comment

fenistrated lenses

I did not get mine from boston MA, but they are boston design...they are fenistrated, meaning that there's alittle hole in it that allows air circulation. I love them. I wear them all day...and the comfort level is wonderful..I can't wait to get them in in the morning...I live in IL...happened on them by chance....they have been amazing...my only issue is I sometimes get an air bubble underneath the lens a couple minutes after insertion, and I'm trying to figure out why...they fit properly...that only means that I take it out and try again... Even if I decide to leave it alone and have a bubble...that means that after a few hrs it will feel a little irritated..it's still better than without them.

Comment

I was hoping for more input but this is the type of info I was hoping to get!

I'm wondering why the hole for air circulation? Isn't the objective to keep air away from the cornea?

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X