X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debris on Sclerals

Hi,

I have some deposits on my lenses, haven't had it before and my regular clearn is not shifting them and I'm a bit nervous to scratch at them!

I believe some of you clean in Hydrogen Peroxide? If so I will try that. Do you think using the protien removers you get for other lenses would be safe with the sclerals? I think so but was nervous to try!

I don't know if it's protein, I had them packe din the case, dry for a few weeks after a trip and I don't know if it's that or I didn't clean them good first or that I wore them in the sea (salt deposits??)

any thoughts appreciated.

Stanza
    just keep swimming...

I clean mine with a multipurpose solution for soft lenses and keep the lenses in.

Comment

My doctor gave me a complete kit that includes hydrogen peroxide to soak them in with the neutralizing block in the bottom. I was told to use the peroxide every night....?

Maybe all lenses aren't created equal?

Comment

I think there is different cleaning advice given for sure! I'm going to put them in hydrogen peroxide i have for soft lenses and see if the deposits come off and then try a multipurpose if it doesnt!

thanks.
        just keep swimming...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanza View Post
          I'm going to put them in hydrogen peroxide i have for soft lenses....
          The kit I was given is designed specifically for soft contacts.

Comment

Before using Hydrogen Peroxide on your scleral lenses, please consult your doctor - it may damage the lenses permanantly.

Ask about an improved cleaning regimen.

Scleral lenses are basically large RGP lenses. There is an excellent line of cleaning products for RGPs called Lobob Optimum "Extra Strength Daily Cleaner", and Lobob Optimum "Cleaning / Disinfecting / Soaking Solution". Ask your doctor if this is suitable for your lenses.

Also, do not ever use a cleaner with abrasive in it - you need to avoid scratching the lenses because this will cause debris to collect in the scratches and make them less comfortable.

Good luck . . .

Comment

hi everyone thanks for the comments, the debris came off with a lot of repeated cleaning and a night in HP. I use miraflow but may get some lobob at some point to try it out.

Probably a good lesson in doing an extra good clean after swimming in the sea so that salt doesn't deposit on them...
              just keep swimming...

Comment

Working...
              X