X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philipp logging out...

Hello everyone;

Just wanted to say goodbye.

I have found a fairly acceptable solution for my dry eye which enables me to make it through the days without being really bothered anymore. The last few days have truly changed my life for the better. I have discovered, that when I change the fluid in my scleral lenses every four hours (scrictly!) I do not get any side effect like corneal swelling, halos or unpleasent pressure associated with headaches. Been able to wear them straight for 24 hrs now. Long shopping/sightseeing days in London with clubbing afterwards. It is now all possible again after 2 painful years.

I suggest to eyery dry eye sufferer to look into the issue of scleral lenses. I think the majority might benefit.

Anyway, this community is truly unique and I think you really can influence things for the better. But I have decided not to spend too much time anymore contemplating about my malfunctioning Meibomian glands.

Take care all of you. Best of health and here's to hydrated corneas!

Philipp
    Dysfunctional Tear Syndrome ("Dry Eye Disease") is a bane of modern society.

Originally posted by Philipp_from_Germany
    Hello everyone;

Just wanted to say goodbye.

I have found a fairly acceptable solution for my dry eye which enables me to make it through the days without being really bothered anymore.
    BIG SMILE! [I exceeded my smiley allowance!]
    The last few days have truly changed my life for the better. I have discovered, that when I change the fluid in my scleral lenses every four hours (scrictly!) I do not get any side effect like corneal swelling, halos or unpleasent pressure associated with headaches. Been able to wear them straight for 24 hrs now. Long shopping/sightseeing days in London with clubbing afterwards. It is now all possible again after 2 painful years.
    HUGE SMILE!
    I suggest to eyery dry eye sufferer to look into the issue of scleral lenses. I think the majority might benefit.

[my "intra-limbals" come in on 3/22]
    Anyway, this community is truly unique and I think you really can influence things for the better. But I have decided not to spend too much time anymore contemplating about my malfunctioning Meibomian glands.
    Something tells me that you'd make a lot of people pretty happy if you still stopped by from time to time, if only to say hello....
    Take care all of you. Best of health and here's to hydrated corneas!
    Continued good luck to you, Philipp ... with your eyes, with your work, with your health, and with your life. Thanks for all the help you've provided. Hope to see you again soon ... if only on the DEZ

Comment

Ditto

to everything Neil said. So glad you're doing well with the sclerals!
      You MUST drop in from time to time. We will miss your posts about research taking place!
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Wow. I hadn't expected this. On the one hand I am so happy for you and that you've found a solution. On the other...I wonder if I contemplate my meibomian glands too much .

Philipp, you've given so much to this site keeping us up on the latest research and clinical studies. Thank you.

Best of health and here's to hydrated corneas!
        I wish the very same to you!! Please pop in for a visit now and then.
        Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

I am so happy to hear you have a solution. Please drop by every so often and keep us updated. And thanks for all your informative posts.

Comment

Philipp,

I'm ecstatic to know you are happily managing your eyes. On the other hand, I sort of feel like a good friend is moving away! You were a tremendous asset to this sight and you really were a comfort to many of us. You take good care. Keep up the shopping and clubbing!

Do pay us a visit now and then...

Diana
            Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Philipp,

We will really miss you. But it is so thrilling to read about somebody making it over that threshold. I just can't express how happy I am for you.

While your experience is a terrific and needed testimony to the utility of scleral lenses, I also take it as a potent reminder of something that has been much on my mind this year: There can be great value in diligently, painstakingly working through all aspects/variations of a treatment before either dumping it on the reject pile or resigning ourselves to only modest benefits. It's easy to get stuck in this checklist mentality of "I tried that and it didn't work" when there may actually be much more to trying things than we realize.

Thanks again for everything you've contributed here. Best of luck going forward and do stop in when you can... It can mean the world to patients who are going through their lowest points when they hear about others making it through to the other side.

Take care!!

Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Philipp,

I am so glad you have found resolution. I too thank you for everything and will miss hearing from you!

Thanks for all the support,
                Jeff

Comment

Working...
                X