This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubbles in Scleral lens?

I've been getting my lens in ! I am very excited, however sometime small bubbles get in which I don't see till a hour or two later. Apparently they can give you dry spots on your cornea. Anyone else have this trouble? Also my eyes are sore at times after wearing them for the day, I was told this might lessen after I get more use to them. One last question, do you guys do excercise or sports with the lens in? I was told I could, but am still adjusting to them. Thanks for the previous tips,
    Tdwax

At BFS, they say they have people who go sky diving with them.

Do you have a small penlight to check for bubbles immediately after inserting the lens? It's a good "final check" before you clean up. The bubbles may not look like much, but they are a potential danger. The penlight will help you ID them and tell you if you need to remove and reinsert the lens.

Avoiding them altogether is another challenge. When you fill with saline, make sure you are not squirting the saline too fast - that can make the saline foam up on top of the lens.

Comment

This is nice info to know... not once has my doctor told me about bubbles, and I'm on my 6th trial set of lenses. Maybe he never noticed bubbles after insertion and didn't think to mention it...?

Comment

My Sclerals help with the dryness but I cant wait to take them out each evening by or before 6:00. They seem to dig in my eye and yet I was at the Boston Clinic for two weeks and went through 12 sets of lenses. THe final pair felt better than any of the others but never did they feel good. I was so tired of trying by that time I was ready to get out there.
        I have found that taking Evoxac along with the lenses helps more than anything.
        My next step is to try the RX sunglasses with the foam sides. At least maybe this will help when I am outdoors.

Comment

Bubbles in Scleral lens

I think fitting is not exact your cornea and sclera. It should be more corrected

Comment

Two reasons for the bubbles:
            Either the insertion is not correct or the lenses itself is not tight enough to prevent the air to go inside.

Comment

Bubbles

I had some problems with the bubbles the first times i started wearing my cclerals, but with the practise i learned to fill the lenses without bublles of the solution botlle. You must refill the lense until the lense havnt any bubble. Before some times of wearing, will be easy. A bubble on the lense, mean the liquid doesnt fill the space between the cornea and the int. surface of the lense. Any like this or a not right filled lense, mean the loose of the power. Had sometimes this problem the first times, needing much my -12 prescription, but was succesfully with a time of practising.

Comment

Working...
              X