This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sclerals

(I orignally posted part of this in the archive by mistake)

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I have posted. I am going to have a consult with an optometrist who makes the scleral lenses. It looks like my insurance will cover everything but the fitting so far and I have to have the doctors submit letters to see if they will cover that. Has anyone had difficult having the fitting covered? Any advise for someone who is about to try these lenses?

Also for those of you who did not have success with the lenses, was it something that you were not able to tell during the 3 and 6 hour fitting trials?

Thank you!
    Best wishes,
    dryeyes2

I tried some, it was basically impossible to get them on without air bubbles putting eye drops in them as the liquid, so they said would have to go with gels instead, polyvisc I think which I knew wasn't going to work because gels only seem to make my eyes worse/ more irritated. So yeah didn't work out, maybe it was the type of sclerals that made it hard to keep the eye drops in them? Shame because I think it would have been worth it I could have used the eye drops in them.

Comment

Working...
    X