From Jewell - re mini sclerals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Jewell - re mini sclerals

[Jewell - John forwarded me the email chain, and I know that boards can be very confusing when you're not used to them, so I'm posting here the part that I assumed was for public consumption]

I want to share with you something that I learned at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester
    Minnesota, It was Dr Maguire who told me about this lens. Maybe you already know about this special contact lens.
    it is called the MiniScleral lens (www.bostonsight.org/aboutlens.htm)
    One of its uses is for lasik patients, as far as I understand it doesnt touch the corneal of the eye but creates a fluid-filled space over the cornea, a short discussion of this lens is on the last page of the websight pages.
    It is a new device and I hope a successful one. The cost is very expensive, but if more people know about it and it becomes well know the cost/ lower

[Rebecca's note: I know of several post LASIK extreme dry eye patients who have tried sclerals or mini sclerals, with somewhat mixed results. It would be great to hear from some patients here.]
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

p.s.

P.S. I emailed you about the username issue but it bounced back... If you're still having trouble with the registration process, please email me at rebecca@dryeyezone.com or John at webmaster@dryeyezone.com and we'll try to get things straightened out, okay?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X