This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scleral Lens

I have severe dry eyes because 5 yrs ago a plastic surgeon cut too much skin off of my eyelids and my eyelids do not close. This has made my eyes very dry. I have been through it all, drops, steriods, resistatis, puntucal plugs (total & partial flow), goggles at night with gel. My latest attempt with Lascrisert is not working because (after the corrective surgery at Will's Eye) the lower eyelids are very tight. So when I put the Lascrisert in, it helps but causes it's own irritation and redness of my sclera. My Cornea doctor has referred me to a doctor in her practice who has experience with scleral lens. I only want the lens for one eye (the right eye is worse than the left), I do not want an eye glass prescription in it, but it sounds like the only place to get these lens done correctly is the BFS. I live in NJ. I have an appointment this Wed. to see a Dr. Sorkin and would like anyone with actual experience with these lens to please give me there opinion. Is this something that can help me? If I do not get moisture to my eyes the only aternative is eventual blindness. My email is maleisz@aol.com. I am despirately trying to save the sight I have left. Thank you

Marily, I'm not sure you'll "go blind" from not having enough moisture in your eyes. I've been with dry eyes for over 10 years and while my vision isn't great because of Lasik surgery, I'm not blind. I also have Sjogrens Syndrome adding to the dryness.

In my 10 years on dry eye/Lasik boards I've never heard of anyone becoming blind from dry eye. I just don't want you to worry about something that isn't likely to happen.

If you're going to BFS, that is certainly a big step and you'll need to find our how you make out there before you do anything more. Good luck, Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

RE: uncorrected sclerals

I went to Texas to get sclerals and was told that I could NOT get uncorrected lenses (which is what I wanted too).

If you are successful at BFS, I'd love to know!

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by spmcc View Post
        I went to Texas to get sclerals and was told that I could NOT get uncorrected lenses (which is what I wanted too).

If you are successful at BFS, I'd love to know!

Good luck.
        Where in Texas did you go?

Comment

Working...
        X