X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• practical issues with sclerals

hello,

I had a quick question: if you wear sclerals, how often do you need to change the fluid -- and, with that in mind -- do you find it helpful to carry along with you solution to do so? just wondering how folks manage - especially in the winter time and spending time outside . do you have a carrying bag for if you go outside in the winter with teh sclerals on with saline / cleaning fluid? and if so, how do you keep it warm enough so as to not freeze

thanks,
    scott

Re:Practical issues with Sclerals

They are usually changed only if they have gotten dirty or are uncomfortable I have never seen hubby change the saline just to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott123 View Post
      hello,

I had a quick question: if you wear sclerals, how often do you need to change the fluid -- and, with that in mind -- do you find it helpful to carry along with you solution to do so? just wondering how folks manage - especially in the winter time and spending time outside . do you have a carrying bag for if you go outside in the winter with teh sclerals on with saline / cleaning fluid? and if so, how do you keep it warm enough so as to not freeze

thanks,
      scott
      I almost never change mine during the day but I know others who do so a couple times a day. I always have a remover, inserter and saline in my car or purse. Re: freezing, you know what I do is carry around little twistoff vials of saline (you'll see 'em in the shop) instead of the Unisol 4 bottles because they're handy enough for a pocket - since the bottle of saline in my car has probably frozen & thawed an awful lot lately! The little ones are not as good as Unisol as they're not made ph balanced for ocular use but they'll do in a pinch.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the suggestions Rebecca,
        Scott

Comment

Working...
        X