Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vision that actually gets worse with Sclerals?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision that actually gets worse with Sclerals?

Has anyone had poor vision results with Sclerals (maybe I should say mini-sclerals) that were attributed to weak corneas?

I have been fitted with 6 different Mini-sclerals and the best I have achieved is mildly blurry vision in on eye and clear vision in the other that goes blurry about 45 minutes after lens insertion. My doctor seems to think I may benefit from Corneal Cross-linking and by that I'm guessing he thinks I have weak corneas....? I don't have any bulging or distortion of the cornea.... yet.

RE-Vision that actually gets worse with Sclerals?

Yes definatly but only sometimes. It is Hubby who wears them however this drives him totally crazy when they blurr over.Its like a protein the eye makes from what I believe is from inflammation.Hes actually going through a tough time with this at the momentHe is going to request a non cortisol anti inflammatory from dr to see what this will do .How long have you had yours because he is also thinking it is time for a new set .
    Laura

Comment

Originally posted by DG65 View Post
      Has anyone had poor vision results with Sclerals (maybe I should say mini-sclerals) that were attributed to weak corneas?
      I don't have experience with this. There might be one or two RK patients on D'Eyealogues who do though. You might want to contact Brian Sharer on D'Eye - he probably knows more about this than most people living, I'd guess.

I am still wondering though if these lenses are riding partly on your corneas? Honestly I don't know if a complete vault would be likely to help resolve the issue though. Out of my league.

I have been fitted with 6 different Mini-sclerals and the best I have achieved is mildly blurry vision in on eye and clear vision in the other that goes blurry about 45 minutes after lens insertion.
      Sigh. I'm really sorry that it has not been successful. So frustrating.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Laura View Post
        ...drives him totally crazy when they blurr over.Its like a protein the eye makes from what I believe is from inflammation...
        It's not from fogging over, this is different... somehow.

Thanks, Rebecca, I'll look up Brian.

Comment

Working...
        X