X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston scleral cost?

Hi, everyone!
    Can somebody please inform me how much a 18mm Boston scleral and 13mm cost?
    Thank you!

Best regards,
    Destina.

Please call Boston Foundation for more information on this. There's no price list for the lenses; they are not prescribed like commercial contact lenses. At BFS there is a large fee (if you don't have insurance or any other assistance) which covers the entire treatment, fitting and training process, and then a much smaller cost for replacement lenses if needed.

I may be wrong but I don't think there's such a thing as a 13mm scleral lens, unless maybe it's for an infant.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized where you're writing from and that it might not be convenient to call them. Send an email to Brenda at bdiaz@bostonsight.org and I'm sure she can answer your questions.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Well, actually I won't get them in Boston. I am in contact with an institution in Germany and I just wanted to compare the costs. Is there a difference between a RGP scleral lens and Boston scleral lens?
      Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,
      Destina.

Comment

Originally posted by destina_s View Post
        Well, actually I won't get them in Boston. I am in contact with an institution in Germany and I just wanted to compare the costs. Is there a difference between a RGP scleral lens and Boston scleral lens?
        Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,
        Destina.
        I'm sure BFS is probably quite a bit more expensive than any other source. It's a different kind of process. But most people do it with insurance.

"RGP scleral lens" is a generic description that can apply to any lens (including PROSE/Boston sclerals) made of rigid gas permeable material that is large enough to rest only on the sclera not the cornea.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Okay. Thank you for your help

Comment

Working...
          X