Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, they do make sclerals with soft edges. Synergeyes...I am not entirely impressed. I have used them on patients for many years.
    You have not posted for what six months. what has happened? Does your doctor have a Jupiter fit set? If so, there would be no doubt about comfort. You put a pair on and if they feel bad you try another pair. Earlier on I read about someone with fogging of the Jupiter. I encountered this just a few weeks ago. Turns out the patient had the worst score on Osmolarity testing I had ever seen. Nothing I put on wouldn't fog up.
    I put the patient on an unproven treatment and within one week she can wear most any lens. Without an adequate tear osmolarity (that being water to salt ratio) nothing will work. Sad to say but you almost have to clear up the problem in order for the solution to work.
    Sad but true. Hope you have done better with the large diameter lenses. I do know of a doctor in Mississippi who is really good at these lenses. Unfortunately he also runs hours behind schedule and drives his patients crazy. At least he might be closer than Texas.

Comment

Eye neuropathy and sclerals

I have neuropathy in my L eye from nerve damage from trigeminal nerve neurosurgery. Has anyone here with neuropathy tried sclerals?

Comment

New update...I have started using AVT sclerals...they seem to fit a bit better...One thing you should all look at. Many doctors will tell you that the "fit" looks good. I am using my OCT..that's usually for glaucoma. I actually can see the vault over the cornea with the device and I have found that lenses I thought fit great upon looking actually rubbed the cornea. so, if your doctor is just looking at your lens, you might consider finding one who actually uses technology to evaluate how it sits. A lens that touches the eye hurts! And few doctors can really tell if it touches. Myself included!
        So, when shopping for a scleral doctor, ask how they "evaluate" the fit. More and more of us are using OCT or Optovue or Visante...to actually see where it sits.

Comment

Working...
        X