This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sclerals from Baylor

I am looking for some input from others that have had Scleral Lenses done at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. I am seriously considering going this route and would like to talk to someone who has been to Baylor. Thanks!!

Is Baylor College associated with the Boston Foundation for Sight? If so, they would probably be a good bet. I do believe there are a couple of BFS locations in Texas. You could also get a great fitting scleral lens from Dr. Gemoules in Coppell, TX.

Best of luck!

Comment

Hopeful2,
      Yes, they are associated with the Boston Foundation for Sight. I have had one apt. already to discuss dry eye and my next appointment will be to discuss the Sclerals. I am also having a test to see if I have any nerve damage since my pain does not match my physical eye exam. It is a confocal something???

Comment

Good news! It sounds like you will be in good hands. I think what they might be doing is looking at your cornea through a confocal microscope. I am thinking of having this done as well. Our local eye institute has one of these specialty microscopes. I think my eye pain may be due to eye strain. My vision fluctuates a lot with lighting. . . also my left eye was over corrected and my right eye is doing distance and near work, this may be straining the eyes. Have you investigated eye strain?

Comment

Working...
        X