Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston Scleral Lenses (PROSE) - I CAN SEE!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Scleral Lenses (PROSE) - I CAN SEE!

Late last week I got home from Boston with my new PROSE sclera lenses and I couldn't be happier. From the time I made the initial call to the time I checked out was a wonderful experience. Everyone was so great. As for the lenses, within the first hour of my first appointment they put in a trial pair and I had instant relief of the burning, stinging, and dryness. Although they were not corrective, I didn't care I felt no pain for the first time in over a year. During the wait times in between seeing the dr for exams and waiting for lenses to be made, there was training, training, training. I never stuck anything in my eyes before, but when I got out of there that day I was already an experienced contacts user.

On the second day, the second trial pair was a 100% improvement over the first. With the corrective adjustment not only was I pain free, but I could see clearly. I wanted to cry. (if I could produce tears I may have, lol) More training, inserting, removing, cleaning and caring for the lenses.

The third day was more of the same, only now the lenses had been corrected for my prescription needs, PERFECT!! I could watch tv, read, drive, work, play on the computer, all pain free and without using my lifeline of eye drops and warm compresses.

The 4th day was a 6hr challenge. If I could wear them for at least 6 hrs without any complaints and if the dr didn't want to make any more changes, they'd cut me loose. They did! It was a record time, 7-14 days they told me on the phone but I was driving back home to NJ on the 5th day.

While the GVHD of my eyes is not healed, the lenses made it so I can almost be normal again in that regard. I will have to continue to use drops because the outer surface of the lenses get dry not because of dryness, pain and burning. I now use them every 2 hrs instead of every 5 minutes.

My next test is to ride my motorcycle again and see how my eyes hold up

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and thank you for posting such a detailed post of your experiences. You give us all hope.

Comment

This is wonderful news. Congrats!!! Good luck with the motorcycle.

Comment

Congrates! I am so happy they are working so well for you! I am going to the Doheny eye institute for PROSE in a couple weeks and really appreciated reading the details of your experience it helps give a better idea of what to expect. Hope you can ride your motorcycle again pain free.

Comment

Amazing. I know this story well. I'm so appreciative for the BFS and how dr R's lenses have impacted others.
          FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Comment

HI, may i know your vision on eye chart before BSL and after BSL?
            Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

Hello, are you still wearing your lenses? Are they still giving you good relief??

Comment

Working...
              X