This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DCRdryeye View Post

Also, the inner corner of my eye where the scleral covers gets very red after 4 hours use, will this resolve with time?
    This is my question for the day. Did that improve with time DRC?

Comment

No it didn't F/G and since I am now seeing a more experienced Scleral lens fitter with better equipment and communicate with both the optometrist and lather of the lenses. I received a very technical reason why the nasal area went red, it was to do with the way the lens is shaped and how the eyeball sits, etc. However, this new design scleral apparently can overcome that and we are going for a 20mm diameter lens rather than 18 to give more clearance and cover more conjunctiva.

Indeed, Australia is getting better at fitting Scleral lenses, just 4 years ago it was almost impossible to have an unventilated lens fitted. Back then I was fitted with the old style large 26mm ventilated Scleral lens and a 'bubble' naturally forms and remains in the vision field. Despite being told it will go away, it did not. Same with nasal redness, if it's there, it won't go away with time. It's the lens that needs modifying or the optometrist that needs changing

Comment

I know my lens is in my eye but I do not have much sensation or discomfort just an awareness that it is there. Redness after removal is normal.

Comment

dryeyedave, do you mean redness around the rim that sits on the conjunctiva or redness around the bulk of the eye?

Comment

Originally posted by DCRdryeye View Post
            dryeyedave, do you mean redness around the rim that sits on the conjunctiva or redness around the bulk of the eye?
            a slight redness ring at 9 and 3 o'clock. A depression all the way around the cornea where the lens sits. The Scleral at the 6 o'clock position will be mildly red. There is a red patch at the 3 o'clock position. There is no pain, discomfort or increased sensations after removal. My eye has continued to improve.

Comment

Working...
            X