This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jupiter to PROSE

Is there anyone who has tried Jupiter sclerals for dry eye and experienced discomfort from the lenses--then later tried Boston PROSE scleral lenses and felt comfortable wearing them? Or have any of the Veterans on the board heard anyone in the past with such an experience?

The reason I ask is that I have tried Jupiter lenses and experienced a "glass-like" sensation in my eyes, and I am debating whether I should travel to Boston in hopes of better success with PROSE.

I was fitted with 3 different sized Jupiter lensesfor my right eye a few years ago and it was a horrible fit. About a year ago I got fit with 2 different Jupiters by a different optometrist. She had trained at Boston Foundation for Sight. The first lens hurt like glass and then the second one fit great. The only problem is the lens doesn't stop my eye from having erosions.

Comment

georgiav,

I shared your question (not your name or origial post) on the Boston Foundation for Sight facebook page to see if any PROSE wearers were also former Jupiter users with a response to your question. You can take a look at that post and their responses here, but here are the highlights:

• Yes! Good news [is] the prose are fit to you and much more comfortable! Good luck! Let me know if u have ? for me. I had Jupiter for two year and now prose for two. I have severe dry eye.
      • Never heard of Jupiter...but can tell you [I] LOVE MY PROSE...I have extreme dry eyes & keratosis.
      • I love my prose I would recommend them to anyone with kera eye disease sooooo comfortable

Please let me know if you would like me to facilitate your speaking with the poster who offerred to make herself available to answer questions. You can probably connect with her via the facebook page, but if you would prefer email or something else, just let me know.

Hope that helps!

Janice

Janice M. Epstein
      Online Community Advocate
      Boston Foundation for Sight
      connectedvisions@bostonsight.org

Comment

Working...
      X