Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been to BFS? How Uncomfortable was the Fitting Process?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been to BFS? How Uncomfortable was the Fitting Process?

Got my patient info package from BFS the other day, and it mentions something along the lines of "your eyes may be sore or tired" from the fitting process...

Just how sore or tired exactly does one's eyes get? I know everyone is different, but am wondering if my eyes will be able to handle some TV in the evenings at my hotel, or if I'll have to resign myself to 2 weeks of sore eyes and listening to audiobooks with my eyes shut in the evenings?

For anyone who's been through this, was wondering if you'd mind sharing your experience?

Girl as you know I have not been to BFS but I am just chiming in to say GOOD LUCK!!!

I know you will keep us posted!!!!!!!

Rose

Comment

It's kind of all over the map. I don't remember being sore but I know others who were (not many have mentioned it to me but some have). For some it was the training - which can be hard for people who have never worn contacts of any kind, or who have tight lids, etc. or who for whatever reason have difficulty mastering lens insertion/removal. In some other cases it was the trial process itself esp. if they had to go through a lot of lens designs before getting the right one - there can be a lot of time spent wearing lenses that aren't (yet) the ideal fit and that can be a little tiring on the eyes. When you try on a lens and it's alright at first, it can tighten up later in the day as you're testing it. - For cases of a lot of soreness etc - enough to interfere with your evening - mostly I think these are outliers rather than 'normals'.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy B. View Post
        Girl as you know I have not been to BFS but I am just chiming in to say GOOD LUCK!!!

I know you will keep us posted!!!!!!!

Rose
        For sure I'll keep everyone posted.. my visit is still a little ways away though!

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
        For cases of a lot of soreness etc - enough to interfere with your evening - mostly I think these are outliers rather than 'normals'.
        Whew! That's reassuring! Thanks Rebecca I was a bit bummed out at the thought of being away from my hubby and kids for 2 weeks, but was looking on the bright side of having 2 weeks of time to myself in the evenings haha... was hoping to actually be able to enjoy those evenings to the fullest and not have eyes that would prevent me from doing so... glad the odds are in my favour!

Comment

Working...
        X