Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Placing allergy drops inside the scleral lens???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Placing allergy drops inside the scleral lens???

I've been using PROSE since 06 and throughout the years had issues with my eyes becoming inflamed usually during the spring and summer months. Sometimes I would be out of the house and mucus would just completely cloud my lens (usually later in the day, or earlier if I've been outdoors for long periods). I would then take the lenses out and reinsert them, only to find that the lenses no longer sit comfortably on my eyes. It wasn't until last year that I figured out that the inflammation was was due to seasonal allergies and started taking Zyrtec daily. Now the medication has helped a little bit with the allergies but I am wondering if an eye drop would be more effective for me.

In the past, I've taken part in studies at the BFS where Dr. Rosenthal instructed me to place medication inside the PROSE. I am curious to know if anyone here has ever used an allergy drop inside their scleral lenses to combat seasonal allergies? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Reg

EDIT: Is there anyone on here that uses allergy drops and wears PROSE or any other scleral lens?
    Last edited by Reggie; 28-Feb-2012, 23:01.
    FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Not sure of the answer to your question... are you able to get in touch with Dr. Rosenthal to ask about this?

It would be interesting to hear what he thinks...

Comment

I plan on sending Dr. Rosenthal an email. Just wanted to check on here first.
      FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Comment

Worth getting anothe opinion from a just as well know doctor. He is nice and cares about his patients but doesn't know it all. I would be nervous about having something against my eye all day. Maybe do 4 drops a day but take the lense you. You are the patient but have to live with the consequences. I don't think anything put in scleral lenses is fda approved but the fda is slow.

Comment

What did Dr. Rosenthal say? I wonder if this would help my red eyes when I put the lense in. My eye gets so red with the lense in I don't wear them. Allergy drops do help me daily now. What do you think?

Comment

Working...
          X