X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a lasik dry eye patient

my english is poor.
    I do lasik four years.My doctor(do my lasik operation) says my eyes have no problem,but i don't think so.Now I am using tears plugs, but the eyes’ adjusting function is poor and are very sensitive. In winter when the tears getting a little bit more, I feel tired (sour bloated)and need to remove the plug. In autumn, the eyes will be very dry.If I wear the scleral contact lens, will the eyes be uncomfortable due to the balance saline(if saline a little bit more ,will my eye feel sour?)
    the The biggest problem is My eyes often blink still ,but left eye 6 ,right eye 7.the scleral contact lens is suitable to me?please help me.

Hi
    I just had lasik 6 months ago worst decision of my life up to date. For me the end of the winter months were a blessing because now I feel much better. I don't understand why you say you have more tears in winter, usually winter is the toughest month for the dry eye. However doctors say that post lasik patients have dryness due to Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (in your case explained by low tbut 6 and 7).
    They say warm compress and massage is good for this kind of dryness. For what I learned from this wonderful site sclerals are the best for aqua deficient people, maybe you're not in this category.
    Have anyone prescribed you anti inflammatory medicine? I haven't use this but I understand they are effective in case of meibomian gland dysfunction.
    Best regards

Comment

Hi feeling,
      Originally posted by feeling View Post
      my english is poor.
      I do lasik four years.My doctor(do my lasik operation) says my eyes have no problem,but i don't think so.
      You're right and s/he's wrong.

Now I am using tears plugs, but the eyes’ adjusting function is poor and are very sensitive. In winter when the tears getting a little bit more, I feel tired (sour bloated)and need to remove the plug.
      Do you mean you are having trouble focusing? Is this mostly a problem with reading or all vision?

If I wear the scleral contact lens, will the eyes be uncomfortable due to the balance saline(if saline a little bit more ,will my eye feel sour?)
      In most people the saline will definitely not make them uncomfortable. The big challenge with sclerals is to get lenses that fit well enough to be comfortable.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Salt water can't equate tears, tears have many ingredients。
        This is how to solve?

Comment

Working...
        X