This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got PROSE at Baylor last week!

Hello, David here. First read this board when I was considering PROSE treatment. I have a 10 year history of severe dry eye and light sensitivity. Constantly putting gels and drops in my eyes all day long and still having extreme dryness and pain. Had tear ducts cauterized a few years ago as well.

Finally decided to take the shot and go to Baylor Medical Center for PROSE treatment last week. Dr. Gire is great! If my first week is any indication this is going to be heaven compared to what I am used to. My vision has been corrected from 20/50 in my dominate right eye to 20/25. My left eye, which had an injury at a very young age, was at 20/400 (I couldn't even read the big E on the eye chart, to 20/60! That's just an added plus to me. Light sensitivity is way better now and dryness is improving much. The thing I most want/wanted help with is the light sensitivity, dryness and pain. So far very impressed with progress. Light sensitivity is way improved, I put drops in maybe 3 times a day (compared to gets and drops every 5 minutes before!). Hoping dryness continues to improve even more. I do definitely notice a difference when I wake up in the morning. I am used to having extreme pain and that is gone for the most part.

If you are even thinking about PROSE and can I would go for it! My insurance through United Healthcare covered 100% after $500 deductible.

Thanks so much for posting, David. Great to hear how well it's working for you!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Nice to hear that u had a good experience in Houston. I have had schleral lenses for 5 years that I got in Boston. I am planning on visiting Baylor College to get them checked and maybe replaced. Since I LOVED the folks in Boston I am happy to hear compliments about Houston.

Comment

Working...
      X