This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision before BSL and after BSL?

Well i m very curious to get information on how much the vision improvements have been achieved with BSL for those who use it regularly?I m going to visit BSL center in India after a month but want to hear others experiences.

It would be great if people can share their vision actuity before sclerals and with sclerals.
    Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Without sclerals I am approx. 20/70 BCVA on a good day. With them I am usually about 20/30, maybe 20/25 when the lenses are new or newly plasma treated.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks rebecca!
      Im also 20/70 at present but when i instill eye drops, for 15/20 seconds i get very nice vision.probably upto 20/30 or so.
      So im hopeful to get that vision when i get scleral lenses.Im looking forward to that last option to improve my sight.
      Would be great to have others' comment on this

Comment

None else got reviews for this thread?

Comment

I'll move this to Open Forum. Always best to start threads there, not in the archives where fewer people will see them.

Improvement to visual acuity with sclerals depends on what's going on on the cornea... with 'normal' type problems like keratoconus, post lasik problems, and many other irregularities the improvement is usually quite dramatic. But there are more complicated cases with scarring etc that can't be improved as much. People who pinhole to 20/30 or better or see really well in that brief window after drops I would think could get a lot of improvement with sclerals just as they could with most gas perm lenses.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Ohhkay...Thanks a lot Rebecca
            I will be careful to start threads from now on.i was wondering why dont i get so many posts on the threads started by me.

I understand your point about variation in improvements.Lets hope i can do lot better with sclerals.
            I was highly myopic before cataract surgery, up to -16D.
            I had -5D lense(which was the best available myopic IOL with alcon)Now my vision needs only -3 power for distance and +4.5 for near vision.

Comment

Working...
            X