My first six weeks in sclerals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SusieD
    If you just had the dry eye you have and not the particular vision problem, would you have still considered sclerals?
    That's a very interesting question, and one I've asked myself a few times but really can't answer. I don't know. I've never dealt with dry eye "in a vacuum" without vision problems.

The thing is, I was wearing Macrolenses most of my waking hours for the last 2.5 years. For much of the day, the Macros themselves masked a great deal of eye discomfort - acting as a sort of shield when I had them in. It has been so long since I had to live with "naked eyes" all day long for any extended period of time that I honestly don't remember exactly what it was like. Late last year I had to leave my Macros out for a few weeks in order to get an accurate topography after a refraction yielded some worrying results. It was a very uncomfortable time, but again the vision problem was a pretty good distraction from the pain issues.

Is your vision problem what made you a candidate for them?
    Vision was the driver, certainly. And that's what sclerals were originally developed for.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you. That answers my question.

Comment

Does it help to remove redness caused by dry eye problem?

Hi Rebecca,
        Thank you very much for your information.
        I suffer redness the most from dry eyes.
        I tried puntum plugs, which helped only during the first week, possiblly because of the irritations tears. Seems my eyes are really dry, and occationally I got infection in my eyes or the eye areas, which made it worse. Recently it itches badly all round my eyes. I feel my eyes are getting more and more sensible.
        The lenses you mentioned covered only the eye ball part, does it help to remove redness as well???

Comment

Re redness... To tell the truth I have no idea.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
          X