Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prose, anyone had success with MGD, inflammed eyelids/ocular rosacea?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prose, anyone had success with MGD, inflammed eyelids/ocular rosacea?

Just looking at this again.

Prose lenses..
    Is this the same as normal scleral lenses?

I tried scleral lenses and my eyelids still hurt, i had a wierd sensation with them in. I also could still feel some dryness. But i had no more burning.

I have MGD with inflammed inner eyelids. I dont have any obvious surface inflammation or surface damage/issues. So, i have very tender inner eyelids- and i assumed that this was why i couldnt tolerate these scleral lenses.

I had them done in London by ken Pullum, but it seemed like he did a one size fits all aproach. Im not sure if my issues were down to the fit.

Do you think that a better fit with prose lenses would avoid these issues?

How much do they cost with highmark insurance?
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Obviously, it will be good for you to hear from other PROSE patients on this, but in the meantime I thought you might like to hear some of this too. PROSE treatment is not the same as scleral lenses. An important difference may well lie in the fitting process. The BostonSight PROSE fitting process takes approximately 4-12 full business days, and includes designing, fabricating and fitting multiple trial devices, each step followed by a trial wearing session, in order to achieve the best fit possible. An optimal fit is critical not only for comfort and improved vision, but also necessary for the device to successfully replace and/or support the healing of damaged ocular surface system functions. The final device or set of devices is unique to each patient’s eye shape, disease profile, and specific treatment goals. These 4-12 days include typically at least three sessions for training in the care of your prosthetic devices, including handling, cleaning, storing, and application and removal, to ensure that every patient is comfortable and confident in their use. It is not unusual for a patient to require 5-10 training sessions, during the course of device customizations.

Much more can be learned in our frequently asked questions page: http://www.bostonsight.org/Content/F..._category1.pdf

In 2010 almost 80% of patients treated with PROSE at BFS were covered by insurance and/or financial assistance, but for more individualized information about costs and insurance, please contact Nancy Lemist, New Patient Affairs Coordinator, by phone at 781-726-7501 or email here: http://www.bostonsight.org/Contact

Wishing you well,

Janice

Janice M. Epstein, MPA
    Online Community Advocate
    Boston Foundation for Sight
    connectedvisions@bostonsight.org

Comment

Working...
    X