Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes rebecca my vision is changing after scleral removal.
    As i have monofocal iol fitted during cataract, i need near vision glasses of 2.5+ D.
    But after i wear sclerals for abt 6/8hrs daily in 2/3 patches, when i remove them at night and try near vision im just not able to read anything...next morning vision improves.I do not use any ointment or drops at night.I need to talk to my bfs fitter soon.
    Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

Hello
      Its been 2 weeks now since i got the lenses,
      Redness problem has reduced to a certain extent.Now i dont catch that much redness like before.
      But came up with a new problem.
      Im not seeing as good as i used to see when i was newly given the lenses.My vision was 20/25 when lenses were given now my vision is 20/40, after 2 weeks wearing the same lenses.Any clue?
      Also photophobia seemed to be reduced initially but now it seems same as before

Is there any problem with my eyes?i observed when im removing lenses, the lower part of lense comes out very very easily.I dont feel any suction while removing lense.

I have appointment with bsl clinic on 24th nov.I have ordered other eye lenses too which i shall get on 24th itself.
      Please help

Comment

any1? any advise on what it cud be bcz of? is it normal? or my eyes shape have changed?

Comment

I have dry eye. Sclerals sound interesting. How do sclerals help with the condition? Are they expensive? And when is it appropriate to be fitted with them?

Comment

hirentherock, what size are your lenses?

JoeB, sclerals help by holding fluid over the cornea. Yes, they're expensive, figure from $2k to $10k but most people only do it with insurance. They are appropriate when most other dry eye treatments fail to get symptoms under reasonable control, unless there are any conditions that might rule someone out for the lenses.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

rebecca i was not educated in the size of lense upon asking when i ordered it.They closed the question saying size is different matter.
              But i thinks its 22mm atleast.Also im sure its not a mini scleral.

Comment

Thanks Rebecca for you help!
                Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
                hirentherock, what size are your lenses?

JoeB, sclerals help by holding fluid over the cornea. Yes, they're expensive, figure from $2k to $10k but most people only do it with insurance. They are appropriate when most other dry eye treatments fail to get symptoms under reasonable control, unless there are any conditions that might rule someone out for the lenses.

Comment

I have dry eye, and also a very prominent vein that goes from the inner corner of the eye up to the side of the iris. Can scleral lenses help cover over a prominent vein that won't go away?

Comment

Working...
                  X