This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do red veins deminish with prose in?

I have looked over all the posts and didn't see an answer to this. I've had some red veins in my eyes for about a year now and am wondering if the prose lenses will help?

I have severely dry eyes due to Sjogrens. WHen wearing my Proses lenses my eyes get really bad red veins. I am not able to wear my lenses much anymore

Comment

Thanks for the reply faithfully. What do you do instead? Do you have the veins even when not wearing the lenses?

Comment

I only get the veins when wearing them. I have to give my eyes a break from them. I alternate with Lacriserts on days not wearing the Sclerals. I also have plugs.
        Nothing has given me relief

Comment

upper and lower plugs? I have had the lower for a while and they dont really do anything. So last week i tried the uppers too and i was just tearing too much so took them out after only 4 days. So now my eyes are rebounding and red because they went from super wet to back to dry. I had a blood test that came back neg for sjogrens but i am going to a rheumy next week for a biopsy to make sure.

Comment

Faithfully,

Bloodshot eyes and eyes with blood vessel growth can mean different things for different eye conditions. Have you thought about visiting your PROSE provider for an annual check? Here's a link to all of the PROSE clinics so you can find the one closest to you: http://www.bostonsight.org/PROSE-pro.../Find-a-Clinic.

Wishing you well,

Janice

Janice M. Epstein, MPA
            Online Community Advocate
            Boston Foundation for Sight
            Email: connectedvisions@bostonsight.org

Comment

Working...
            X