This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Foundation for Sight

Well I spoke to Bill Rosenthal this morning at The Boston Foundation for Sight I was so nervous and he eased this very quickly .He is such a compassionate man.I told him of the distress my husband is in due to Graft vs host disease that damaged his eyes and was very encouraging to get the ball rolling.I am telling the forum this because I want to thank you all from my soul for sharing all your insights and advice. So happy to have found you!!!

Laura

Laura, as a patient of the Boston Foundation for Sight, I know they will treat you and your husband with utmost respect and efficienty. Good luck. I have been to the clinic twice already and will be going back again soon.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Well everything is set up and the First appointment at BSF is October 30th!!!! God I pray this is the answer for hubby.
      I want to thank you all for sharing your experiences. It is so helpful to know what he will be walking into when he arrives.

Comment

Laura, I will be thinking about your husband on October 30th! I have an appointment at a university hospital that day (not contact lens related) and will send my regards that things go well for both of us! I have the Boston Sclerals and also have Sjogrens, being just recently diagnosed. While researching the BFS, I know "graft vs host" is one of their special situations and they have had good success.

PS. If you have anything you'd like to ask me personally, please PM me or email me. Although very much of the procedure has been posted on the board already.
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thanks Lucy for the support!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I also have an appointment for Boston Foundation for Sight (BFS) this month. I am going the week before you and your husband. I have started a countdown now..only 12 more days! I'm ready to see if I can get relief from this miserable condition. I imagine I may still be getting fitted when you and your husband arrive. I have been reading some of the newsletters on the BFS website and many people have done amazingly well since getting the lenses. Hopefully, we will also be a success story. Were you able to get insurance to cover it? I'm not sure about mine yet but the lenses are not excluded, so it looks promising.
            Cause of dry eyes: Meibomian Gland Dysfunction

Comment

Working...
            X