Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scleral Lens, Any Experience with Mayo Clinic, Rochester?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scleral Lens, Any Experience with Mayo Clinic, Rochester?

Hi, I'm fairly new to the forum but have been suffering from dry eyes for a few decades but became much worse two years ago. It is miserable as all of you can attest to, and the worse problem of my life.

I've failed all the standard treatments and am intrigued with the concept of scleral lens. My ophthalmologist . . . ironically rolls his eyes at the concept. So I'm venturing off on my own.

I was "talking" to Boston FS about coming out. However, as you know, they require me to be there every day for two weeks. I am the owner of a medical practice and sole provider. If I were gone for two weeks we would literally go bankrupt and my patients would be lost. So, as much as I'm suffering, it isn't possible.

I use to work at Mayo Clinic in Rochester and I notice that they have a scleral lens program using the Jupiter style lens. Has anyone had any experience with Muriel Schornack, OD? If you were seen at Mayo, how long did it take? I have a lot of friends still there plus a son living nearby, but I still couldn't take off two weeks. Thanks in advance.
Working...
X