This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision change after scleral lens wearing

Hi all, I've been wearing scleral lens for few months and like it so far except sometimes it get my eyes red.
    I find a problem that my vision has changed recently. With my regular glasses, I can't see things clearly in the distance which I can see clearly before and it is very obvious that my vision changed compare to two months ago. I wonder if this is scleral lens associated. Anyone got this problem? Do you think it is reversible?

Carol

This happened to me as well. Don't know if scleral lens are totally to blame. I had a corneal erosion on my right eye due to basement membrane dystrophy so I think that played a part as well. Bottom line, 5 months out I am getting new (stronger) lens

Comment

i experienced the same.
      view1-
      Upon informing doctors, they told me my eyes are seeing better than before with lense.So when eye has no lense, brain signals that the image is blurred than before.
      view2-
      Upon asking here forum experts, they said vision will be blurred after wearing lense for a prolonged period of time due to constant bathing of cornea into the saline.If u stop lense for a month or so, or may be more than a month , u may get back to previous vision which u had before u started wearing lense.
      Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

What? scleral lenses causes vision problems? That's not a good thing. From dry eye relief to vision problems. What the? Perhaps try placing a different solution into the lens?

Comment

Vision change after scleral lens wearing

Originally posted by icycarol View Post
          Hi all, I've been wearing scleral lens for few months and like it so far except sometimes it get my eyes red.
          I find a problem that my vision has changed recently. With my regular glasses, I can't see things clearly in the distance which I can see clearly before and it is very obvious that my vision changed compare to two months ago. I wonder if this is scleral lens associated. Anyone got this problem? Do you think it is reversible?

Carol
          Me too- my vision is fine with the lenses in but my left eye is definitely more blurry than previously when I take the lens out. I know that my left eye was tougher to fit and that I have some basement membrane issues in that eye- and I'm also getting older which nearly always worsens vision. . . but to be honest, I don't care. The lenses made such a difference in my quality of life that I'll take a little blurry vision with them out.
          -MLE

Comment

What may-be occurring is a slight edema in the cornea, thus slightly changing the shape of the cornea. Corneal edema can be a problem with Scleral lenses if they are not ventilated properly.

Comment

I ve notticed vision changes before 6 first months of wearing.

Comment

Working...
              X