Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinprick bubbles and plasma treatment?

I have been wearing my PROSE lenses for just over 6 months and over the last few weeks I have been experiencing pinprick or champagne bubbles in one of my lenses only. I use the inhalation vials to fill my bowl and I thought that the new brand of vials might be to blame but it is the same problem with Unisol. I also had to remark the dot on this lens about two weeks ago. The lens that I am not experiencing bubbles in was remade in November so it is much newer.

Can anyone tell me causes or solutions for pinprick bubbles which I know are generally not such a big deal but I don't want them on a daily basis. I am also wondering if the lens is possibly not so smooth anymore and may need to be plasma treated and that the lack of smoothness might be causing the bubbles to occur. I am probably an over cleaner and may use too much Lobob and clean them for too long.

Thanks very much!

Originally posted by bookwoman View Post
    I have been wearing my PROSE lenses for just over 6 months and over the last few weeks I have been experiencing pinprick or champagne bubbles in one of my lenses only. I use the inhalation vials to fill my bowl and I thought that the new brand of vials might be to blame but it is the same problem with Unisol. I also had to remark the dot on this lens about two weeks ago. The lens that I am not experiencing bubbles in was remade in November so it is much newer.

Can anyone tell me causes or solutions for pinprick bubbles which I know are generally not such a big deal but I don't want them on a daily basis. I am also wondering if the lens is possibly not so smooth anymore and may need to be plasma treated and that the lack of smoothness might be causing the bubbles to occur. I am probably an over cleaner and may use too much Lobob and clean them for too long.

Thanks very much!
    In my experience it comes from improper installation. If I put the lens in and bump it with my lid it will dump out just enough saline to cause a small bubble. This will also happen if I do not get the lens centered on my eye the first time. It does not create a big enough air pocket to effect wear but I get a star burst effect from the small bubble. Also when you squeeze the saline vial it will sometimes deposit bubbles on the surface of the saline. If this happens just let the lens sit with the saline in it for a few seconds and the bubbles will pop, then put in the lens. I use the little plunger thing with the bottom cut out to hold and apply my lens.

Comment

Pinprick bubbles

DryEyeDave,

Thanks so much, you were exactly right about the bubbles often coming from a very slight bump to the lid, my track record is much better now that I am paying closer attention to this.

Much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
      X