No announcement yet.

Anyone tried Accu Lens MAXIM Sclerals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried Accu Lens MAXIM Sclerals?

I'm 7.5 months post LASIK and considering Sclerals to help my severe dry eye. My (good, non-Lasik) doc suggested the PROSE lens but thought it made sense to wait until I get to 12 months out because of the high cost involved coupled with the possibility they may not help. He calls it a "soft sell" because he's had a few patients that have come away somewhat disappointed. I've also read about the Jupiter lens from some users on this site. My doc's opinion was that the Jupiter's were less customized than the PROSE (semi custom vs fully custom), but my understanding is they would be less than half the cost so they may be worth a try. But then, just the other day I came across the Maxim sclerals by Accu Lens. These look to be about half the price of the Jupiter lens (and available locally).

I'm currently 2 weeks into using serum drops and love the idea of putting them into a scleral lens that I've seen posted by others on this site. Given the price of the Maxim lens, I want to give that a try sooner rather than later. But I was wondering has anyone heard anything good or bad regarding the Maxim lens?

P.S. This is my first post and I want to give a BIG THANKS to Rebecca and all the users on this site. The combined knowledge on this site is incredible and I feel like I know more than some of the doctors I have seen. My treatment has been much better because of the advice and ideas shared here. Perhaps more importantly, I really want to thank those who share the difficulties with mental health and depression that is associated with dry eye. I've been much more prepared mentally to deal with this because I was able to understand the severity of the condition early on and knew to manage the mental aspect. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
Working...
X