This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ongoing experience with Jupiter sclerals

Been a while since I posted last, but wanted to update everyone. I'm post 1 year LASIK, and decided to go ahead with Jupiter sclerals. I found out during the process that I have lenticular astigmatism, which is congenital, so my sclerals cost even more than the regular ones because they have toric lenses in front (hooray..)

My eyes are still adjusting and it's not perfect (I still feel some pain in my right eye), but it does block out wind and my eyes feel protected.
    I don't feel the lenses themselves and they are quite comfortable. I do experience some clouding after ~6 hours.

My question is, does anyone know of any drops that I can use in the sclerals themselves for additional pain relief? Thanks for reading~

P.S. Financial info for those interested: $1200 fitting fee, $500/eye contacts. Total: $2200 (sigh...)

Another question I have is, is it normal to have bloodshot eyes while the lens are in your eyes? Is that indicative of poor fit? Thanks.

Comment

Hello. I had bloodshot eyes the first fitting times mainly around the lenses edges. Before turned to normal when i got the definitive well fitted lenses. Mine are Jupiter Sclerals in 18,50 diameter.

Comment

I don't have any suggestions about drops that can go in the lens. But for clouding, I have noticed with mine that I have little to no clouding when I stick to a very limited bunch of drops for over the lens. I've been using Blink Contacts, Theratears preservative free vials for a while. The newest thing I tried was Theratears advanced in a bottle with "Disappearing preservative" (it's supposed to disappear when it hits your eye or something silly). I actually think I like that new stuff the best - it's a bit more slippery but I don't have the frequent clouding like I did with refresh optive or most other brands and ingredients.

I also often use just straight sterile saline ADDIPAK vials for over drops, as well as fill. They are super cheap, and I know there isn't any acid or anything else in there like preservatives. They don't reseal though, so I usually don't carry them around. And they don't have the staying power like the Theratears do, so I have to use them more often.

I don't have Jupiters though. I put in a test pair of those and it was better than nothing, but not comfortable. So I have a custom one made by Dr. G. in Houston My Bad eye with the lens does not get any more bloodshot than the good eye (which has no lens and no dryness issues). I usually wear my lens for 14 hours. I went to the emergency room last night after a car accident injury flared up, and ended up having the lens in for like 23 hours straight (I know - naughty!) because I was reluctant to give up on the relief it provides while I'm awake. I had no redness or irritation problems with it at all after that, and was annoyed I'd have to wait 6 hours for it to disinfect before I could put it back in.

Comment

Wow Dr. G's contacts sound miraculous. I'll pay him a visit if things don't get better in a year...
          Thanks for sharing! Sorry you were in a car accident/had to go the ER

Comment

The Jupiters lenses I have now are pretty comfortable after multiple fittings.

However, I'm noticing the formation of white, cloudy debris in only my right lens. It always forms within an hour in the right, but never in the left. I wonder if this is because of fit? I don't know what the white stuff is..

Comment

I couldn't tell you based on my experience.

These two older articles say that vault and edge tightness have a significant impact on clouding:
              http://www.clspectrum.com/articlevie...ticleID=107081
              http://goo.gl/JLSosR

There is also an article from just last month on the laserfitlens site, but I haven't read it (apparently you have to ask for a password to access it).
              http://laserfitlens.com/what-causes-...-lens-fogging/

Comment

First article was pretty informative. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X