PROSE disinfection case broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROSE disinfection case broken

When I was changing the catalyst on the PROSE disinfection case, the plastic part holding the catalyst snapped off. I tried to order a new PROSE disinfection case but it is back ordered. Will I not be able to clean and wear my PROSE lenses until I get the new disinfection case? Can I drop a new catalyst into the bottom of the case (disconnected from the part that holds the lenses) and use it that way until I get the new case? I don't want to wear the lenses if I can't disinfect them the proper way but I will be lost without the lenses if I have to wait until I get the new case. If it turns out that I can't wear the lenses for a couple of weeks, will I have to wear them for a shorter time until I get used to them again? Help!
    Judy

Hi Judy,

Call BFS and speak to Robert. He can give you instructions on how to disinfect without the catalyst. Or I can give you these instructions when I get home from work as I am running out the door now. You will need 3 different contact lens cases clearly marked 1, 2, and 3. It involves soaking the lenses overnight in clear care and then two separate soaks in Unisol. I just don't remember the times off hand and wouldn't want to give you wrong info.

Comment

So what's so different about a Prose lens that it requires special machinery to clean. I have a pair of mini sclerals but I was just instructed to clean them like a regular lens. I saw a video on cleaning sclerals (don't know what brand) and it was just like I was instructed to do. Are the Prose constructed of some special material that can't be handled like a regular lens?....F/G

Comment

Working...
      X