Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TearsofJoy - YES, please do! I have seen Dr. Garrett at Casey Eye so am particularly interested in your experiences there, and especially with the fittings and the new lenses. What kind exactly are you going to try? Was there an option? Are they similar to Prose or more like the Dr. G "laser fit" kind? Thank you for letting me (us) know. Feel free to PM if you'd like.

Comment

I have MG drop out in my left eye and scleral lenses work to a degree. I still cannot go without moisture chamber glasses since the eyelids and sclera not covered by the lenses will hurt (due to evaporation caused by MG dropout). So I wear my moisture chambers over the scleral lenses. I recall before using scleral lenses, in a heated room whilst using my computer (and wearing moisture chambers) my left eye would hurt so much I'd have to keep it shut. Now, with the scleral lens my left eye doesn't hurt at all and can enjoy long computer hours as long as the moisture chamber glasses are on and I'm using a lubricant over the scleral lenses hourly or every two hours. So yes, I still think they are worth trying for MGD.

Comment

Tears of Joy: Any update yet on your sclerals?

Comment

Originally posted by MGD666 View Post
          Any input from users here who have severe MGD (along with some aqueous deficiency) that have been helped with scleral lenses?
          I like your nickname. MGD HELL. If hell is anything like severe MGD w/AD...I'm right there/here with you. I'm scheduled to see my doctor this week. Planned to ask about sclerals. I'll be back to let you know what my doc says about them for my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Katewest View Post
            I think if its just the tears you are low on then they have a good chance of helping. But if your MG glands are messed up they may not. I went to Boston but because my glands were not producing and I possibly have corneal neuralgia they did not help me.
            -Katewest, have you found something that helps with the corneal neuralgia? Serum tears seem to be helping me somewhat. Did you ever try that?
            -bonedrye60, sorry about your pain. have you found anything that works? If so, please share.

Thanks and good luck to all. ~Gerri

Comment

Originally posted by DryInDenver View Post
              I too was pleasantly suprised by the costs. It was less than half of what I figured I'd end up paying all in for lenses. Personally, I think he'll have to raise the price at some point because of the time involved to craft each lens - especially if he is able to grow to more locations than Dallas.

Yes, you can purchase extra lenses via mail order. I will be doing so when I order my back up pair.

I use Unisol 4. It's a preservative free saline. I've seen others on this forum writing about success with similar preservative free saline used in slcerals.

I use the same drops as I used before, Refresh Plus, and plan to experiment with others to see if one is better than the other. (I used to be a systane ultra guy when I first came down with this, but for some reason those started to feel grainy for me - I tried them again with the slerals and they help but make my vision a little blury for a minute or two).

Yes, I use the clear care system for storage overnight.
              DryInDenver have you found a drop that goes good over your sclera lenses? I have had to start using drops sometimes when I am out in wind an a/c over my lens and I have tried a few but they do seem to blur my vision a little as well. Do you like the Refresh Plus ? is it PF ?

Also for anyone else. I have MGD and ocular rosacea and scelra lens has helped me. My TBUT is 4 in the left eye and 6 in the right but I do have functioning glands they just get clogged. My Dr said on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being bad my disease is about a 4. I also have to wear the lens for Vision from my irregularity in my cornea from lasik (which I has never gotten that done !!! ). Andrea B

Comment

Originally posted by alb1967 View Post
                DryInDenver have you found a drop that goes good over your sclera lenses? I have had to start using drops sometimes when I am out in wind an a/c over my lens and I have tried a few but they do seem to blur my vision a little as well. Do you like the Refresh Plus ? is it PF ?

Also for anyone else. I have MGD and ocular rosacea and scelra lens has helped me. My TBUT is 4 in the left eye and 6 in the right but I do have functioning glands they just get clogged. My Dr said on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being bad my disease is about a 4. I also have to wear the lens for Vision from my irregularity in my cornea from lasik (which I has never gotten that done !!! ). Andrea B
                I use Refresh Plus PF. I buy the box with 100 PF vials on Amazon. They worked best for me prior to getting lenses as well. I know Refresh also makes the Refresh Optive Advanced drops that may work better for someone with MGD because they have an oil component (for some reason they felt gritty in my eyes and weren't for me). I don't have problems with my lens blurring, but the drops may not be the longest lasting ones out there.

Comment

Hello there,
                  I am writing from Germany. I am suffering since 3 years of a major Meibaom Gland Dysfunction.
                  I am using twice a day an electric eyelid warming device, brand name Blephasteam for 10 minutes each
                  and every 2 1/2 hours I use an eye ointment only consisting of mineral oil and white vaselin called vit-A pos.
                  Sometimes I can make it for 3, maximum 4 hours without ointment. But the ointment helps me far better and longer than any drops I used, where I had to drop every hour. At night, before bedtime I squeeze in as much as my eyes hold and that lasts me all night through. There are no preservatives in the ointment (preservatives make my eyes feel much worse) and it costs me only about 3euro per
                  ointment. I believe in the USA you got something similar calles refreshing ointment (make sure it is without preservatives too and mineral oil and vaselin as ingredients are all it needs).
                  I can live with 4-6 times putting ointment into my eyes a day.And I hope it will stay like this.
                  Also I take fishoil or flaxseed oil additonally.
                  Greetings sisimis

Comment

Working...
                  X