This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jupiter Scleral Lenses

Sorry for my delay in responding - just did not see the post until this morning. I do sometimes use drops with the lenses in, and the one I like best is Blink for contacts, but I have also used the Lobob rewetting drops. If I am really uncomfortable - usually when it is a bad allergy day and I have taken antihistimines - I always know I can take the lenses out and refill with saline and rinse my eyes with saline and reinsert. I really can't remember the last time I took them out and reinserted during the day, but I do keep the blink contact drops close by along with those individual vials of saline just in case I am having a bad day and need to use the drops. I did have an annual checkup last week with the doctor who fit my lenses and he thought my eyes looked really good - and they kept one of my individual vials of saline so they could order and advise others they are available. I really don't know what I would do without my lenses. Also, on the Lobob, there are reviews on Amazon if you want to see some different experiences with the line. I do hope you get a good fit and find the long-wearing comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbird View Post
      Not sure who this question was directed to, but I don't have to turn mine once they are in.
      So sounds like the Jupiter's then are rotational. So basically they are symmetrical all the way around (a perfect circle). This works for many people just fine, but since the natural shape of the eye isn't symmetrical it can be one of the types of lenses that has a higher failure rate (like uncomfortable, or more clouding, or tightness and redness, or itchy edges, etc) than the next generation non-rotational (non-symmetrical) lenses that are generically shaped to the average eye. And far less success than the different types of fitted lenses that are custom modified or custom milled from scratch to be shaped to individual eyes.

But the nice thing about Jupiters are that they are available through a number of providers. I could drive to Illinois or Minnesota to get one, versus flying somewhere to have custom ones made. And since they come in a limited number generic sizes, the fitting is often much quicker (pretty much the closest measured size works, or it doesn't). The U of I doctor measured and put in the best sized trial lens, told me to hang out for a while and see what I thought, and said if I liked it I would take it home that day. So quick and easy. Unfortunately, it wasn't very comfortable for me (definitely much worse than the PROSE I tried at the same time). Although it was probably a good thing, since the lens I ended up with elsewhere was less expensive anyways and had my prescription and custom corrections in it so it got rid of much of the halos I was seeing.

Comment

What type of antihistamines do you use? I've had allergy attacks a couple times this summer and bought a few different things to try, but I read in the package that one of the cheaper ones makes your eye temporarily "swell", so I was nervous about wearing either of my contacts after using that. I did try one other one, but it really burned when I put it in and I'm not sure it really helped once the burn went away. Do you have one you like?

Comment

Has anybody tried the Jupiter Europa? I was at Vision West in Vegas last week and talked with someone there about them. Apparently it's Dr. DeNaeyer's mods incorporated in a new line of them, that is supposed to work well for some of the more challenging cases (including post refractive). Just curious. Definitely cheaper than some of the other highly customized sclerals available.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Júpiter Europa? Does it means they are available in Europe?

I wish there was something in Europe. Uffff!

Comment

Rebecca, I just got fitted for sclera lens last Friday and my Dr uses Juniter Europa lens. I am having to use them because I had lasik in 2005 and apparently I have some small irreguarity in my corneas that did not effect me until I had the dry eye issue. My Dr said I do not have good quality tears to fill in the very small irregulaities so now I have ghosting issues. He said he thinks these will help me a lotwith my vision and dry eye issues. Not sure what size he used. The first fitting was fine. I am SO nervous about putting them in. Any tips ? Also any tips on keeping debris from building ? He said I will be able to wear them from morning till night (I am sure I will have to build up to that). The total cost was $1200.00

Comment

The vast majority of my sclera is not covered by my Juniper lens. Is this ok?

Comment

Originally posted by CC00 View Post
                  The vast majority of my sclera is not covered by my Juniper lens. Is this ok?
                  My sclera lens does not cover all of my sclera either. I think mine are 16mm. My eyes are pretty small. Sometimes they still get dry and I have to put a drop in each corner. esp in the A/C at work and windy conditions.

Comment

Working...
                  X