X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scleral and redness

Hi,
    I have two questions:
    1)Has scleral increased or decreased your redness?
    2)Do you know if "esthetic" therapeutic scleral lenses exists, somewhere in the world? I mean, scleral lenses, with "white" sclera...
    I just cant stand this anymore. =(

i have been using sclerals for mainly vision improvements for past 2 years
    My exp with scleral is mixed.
    first 6 months were too good, then gradually it started giving discomfort in form of eyelid problems.As lids stay dry while sclerals on, my lids hve become very rough now and when i remove lenses, my lids make eyes red immedietly.This wudnt happen witin first 6/9 months of wearing but now it has become a problem and i have been advise lid restructuring surgery,
    When sclerals r on, eye dont get much red.
    i think every case has different story when it comes to scleral lense as everyone has different areas of vulnerability.
    First try to find out what makes ur eyes red? it is lids acting as sand paper? or is it something else?
    I havent heard of white sclera.I use boston lense and i havent found that kinda thing there at clinic.
    Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

Originally posted by hirentherock View Post
      i think every case has different story when it comes to scleral lense as everyone has different areas of vulnerability.
      First try to find out what makes ur eyes red? it is lids acting as sand paper? or is it something else?
      I agree. The answer whether or not sclerals can help redness is maybe depending on what causes the redness. If it's just from dryness and the pain of the dryness I think it can help, but not cure, the problem. But for example, if your tears are exhibiting the "toxic soup" problem, I'm not so sure it would help at all. So far, redness has been far from my number one problem. It's there but I don't think it's an overwhelmingly distracting when people look at my face. However, I figured I'd take the time to respond to this post because I am in a unique situation of wearing only one scleral because I had surgery in my right eye a couple months ago.

Below is a picture of my eyes from yesterday after a full day of working on the computer. The redness in my eyes tend to increase throughout the day as they are ravaged by the dry air. The eye shown on the left (which is actually my right eye), does not have a scleral in it. You can see overall, it is more red than the eye on the right. The eye with the scleral still has some redness that is worse near the corners of the eye. You can see the sclera underneath the lens is more protected from the environment and is whiter than the sclera not sheltered by the lens. For me, this creates a kind of a white frame around the cornea that reduces the noticeability of the redness outside the lens.

Click image for larger version

Name:	show red 1-8-15.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	381.9 KB
ID:	155794

The cut on the bridge of my nose is from the sharp fingernails of my 19month old. Unfortunately sclerals can't help with that.

Comment

DryInDenver just wondering where you got your sclerals from. Are they 18mm diameter?

Comment

Originally posted by DCRdryeye View Post
          DryInDenver just wondering where you got your sclerals from. Are they 18mm diameter?
          They are LaserFit lenses from Dr. Gemoules in Dallas. Yes, if I recall correctly they are 18mm. Dr. G now has the ability to go bigger so I might end up with a larger diameter lens when I go back down there next month.

Comment

Working...
          X