cloudy lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cloudy lens

Hello, hope everyone had a lovely holiday.I Have a couple of questions ...

How long before your lens clouds over or eye(s) get blurry and have to remove and clean them???
    Reason I ask is sometimes Chris will have to remove them or one of them after 10 minutes and then some days he can go 12 hrs with clarity???

Are your eyes very bloodshot with getting them in or out???

Take care

I've had the same experience of having to remove a lens after only a few minutes. This happens after inserting them first thing in the morning. If I remove the lenses and store in saline just for a nap it doesn't happen. So, I think it is because I didn't quite get all the hydrogen peroxide off. When it fogs I take the lens out and rinse with a lot of saline and then put it back in and it is fine. I haven't had bloodshot eyes even with removing and reinserting the lenses a few times a day.
    Cause of dry eyes: Meibomian Gland Dysfunction

Comment

My experience=ten minutes to maybe a couple of hours. I think green eyes has a super suggestion on the saline soak.

My dryest eye requires more frequent removal/cleaning/reinsertion than the other eye's lens. It is a major pain to remove/clean/fill with saline/reinsert with accuracy. This is something you can't do on the fly. You need a mirror, all your supplies, clean hands and I need to be seated at a table or counter. Obviously the more often you have to do it, the bigger the pain.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Wishes

I wish I could remove my eye, soak it and clean it. AARRGGHH!!

Billye

Comment

I wish I could remove my eye, soak it and clean it. AARRGGHH!!
          I do this on occasion, usually the left eye. After I'm done, I put it on a towel on the windowsill in the sun to dry. A little polish with a clean cloth and I'm off.
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thanks for the responses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Do you ever wonder if the cloudiness is due to diet?I mean there MUST be a common denominator in this.

Comment

Working...
            X