Those of you who have sclerals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those of you who have sclerals

I need to ask a question. I think I remember that a lot of you have gone to Boston Foundation for your sclerals and that your insurance covered all or part of them. Are there any of you who could tell me what insurance code the BFS used in filing the claim for your sclerals under your insurance? I would really like to explore this, but cost is a real factor for me. It would be necessary for my insurance to pay. I've searched and seached and found some codes but I really need to be sure they are the correct ones. I'd like to see a local doctor who is able to make the sclerals. But I can't afford to get the sclerals and hope they would be paid for. They need to be paid for.

Rebecca is this something that you have information on? Or Lucy? It just seems to be such a shame that more people can't have these lens and they might be able to if cost was covered by insurance.

Billye

Originally posted by Silverlady View Post
    Rebecca is this something that you have information on?
    No Billye, I'm sorry, and to be honest I'm so insurance illiterate I would hardly know where to start. I don't know even whether to expect there to be a one size fits all billing code or not - I mean, for example, would it be billed differently for a keratoconic (who is using sclerals as an alternative to a transplant) than it would for a Sjogrens dry eye?

I am really strapped for time at the moment (what else is new) but I will see if there is anything I can do about learning more.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I am just putting my 2-cents in where I really don't know anything, but why don't you contact the place from which you would be getting the lenses? Can you call the Boston Foundation and ask them?

Comment

The problem is..

The doctor is local and not at the Boston Foundation.

Billye

Comment

OK, so why can't you call the Boston Foundation and ask them for this information?

Comment

Working...
          X