X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Foundation for Sight Office in Mumbai India

Hello All,

I just returned from visiting the Boston Foundation for Sight's satellite office in Mumbai India, run by Dr. Chawan. I've been struggling with dry eyes for about a year and a half, and am considering getting a set of Boston Scleral Lenses. Though I am an American, I currently live and work in New Delhi, so this was an ideal situation, as a return to the US would tack another $1800 to the cost of the lenses.

I have not visited the BFS office in Boston, but having read a great deal about it in these forums, it sounds like a wonderful place for dry eye sufferers. I would simply like to say that the Mumbai office is a similarly remarkable place. All of the doctors seem to be on top of their game, and I was given the kind of extended attention one never seems to find from normal Opthamologists. The doctors listened attentively to me describe my symptoms in detail, and worked with me for several hours as I tried out the lenses. I know that most people on this site are in the US, but if any of you happen to be in India, I would like to give a ringing endorsement to the BFS office in India, and it's director Dr. Chawan.

If you have any questions about their clinic, please let me know.

Boston Foundation for Sight

Hi Nick,
    I'm also in the process of getting sclerals. How was your experience? Did they feel comfortable? How long did you have them in your eyes? The fitting sclerals I tested became greasy after 2 hours and therefore my sight was not perfect. Do you recognize this? My eyes are dry due to MGD/blepharitis. Like to hear from you!

Comment

How are your scleral lenses?

Hi Nick,

It's pretty difficult to track you down as you don't visit often nor can we get info via email.

Anyway I am going to try my luck and see if you happened to pick this message up.

BTW, have you finally gotten your lenses? Was it a very prolonged process given you mentioned the fitting is done on the premise but the actual lens is done in the US so I imagine if one were to travel to India, an extended visit may be required?

So how are you fairing with these lenses? ARe you enjoying the relief they provide? If it's OK, can you PM me your email so we can chat a little bit more? I am contemplating to either get it done in the us or via India but travel and time is a major concern. So your experience with India office is upmost important in deciding what course I should take.

I hope you visit again.

chris C

Comment

Hey Chris,

My experience is a little mixed. Honestly, the lenses cause me lots of problems here in Delhi. I still have them, and look forward to giving them a try in a less polluted place. (Incidentally, where are you in India?)

I really liked the clinic though, and have no complaints with how their treatment.

I PM'd you my email address. Drop me a line with more on your thoughts and concerns.

Nick

Comment

Nick, I too have the Boston Scleral Lens (from Boston ) and have had less than good results. I have been back to the clinic for adjustment(s) without success. I cannot tolerate the left lens as it causes pain in that eye. I liked the Boston clinic also, but still have Boston Scleral Lens that I cannot use.

I have tried numerous times to wear the lens, different weather etc. to no avail. I wish you luck. Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

hey nick,

I'm kind of curious what is the cost of those scleral in India ? (it migh a cheaper alternatives even I factor a trip to India )

Comment

Working...
            X