This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Scleral lenses in Australia

Hi guys, ive been reading a few threads from this forum and I think it could help my dry eye condition. I would not say I have severe dry eyes but it does affect my life considerably, especially the redness side of it (partly caused by overuse of vasoconstricting eye drops). Do the scleral lenses help redness a lot?
    I believe scleral lenses can help my eyes regain there normal appearance and comfort...however is there any Boston Foundation in Australia?
    I live in the city of Brisbane, in Queensland, is there anyone there that provides scleral lenses for dry eyes? If so, would there be a big difference with Boston Foundation lenses?
    Thanks
    Wayne

Gelflex is a contact lens company in Australia that makes a scleral lens. You could contact them about finding a practitioner here Contact form
    Here is information about their scleral lens Scleral Contact Lens

Comment

Originally posted by prototype86 View Post
      I believe scleral lenses can help my eyes regain there normal appearance and comfort...however is there any Boston Foundation in Australia?
      No, there isn't. BFS have clinics in Japan, India and the US. But from what you describe of your symptoms it sounds like there is probably good hope of getting improvement without resorting to sclerals.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I dont think the dryness is severe but it does affect my life so im looking for a longterm solution without having to use lubricant eye drops every 20 minutes. Most of all can the sclerals help with the redness im experiencing or will they make it worse? Will the scleral lenses be comfortable and provide moisture on the longterm, or will they make my redness worse?
        thanks
        wayne

Comment

Working...
        X