Dream of watching movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream of watching movies

I went this Holiday weekend to watch a new movie and boy was it hell on my eyes. I wound up reflex crying during the entire movie and trust me reflex crying is painful. I am hoping with the scleral lens I can watch a movie without pain-simple wish-we will see. Does anyone else on this sight have problems at movie theaters. I even dooned my moisture chambers at a point without much luck. Thanks!
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Yeah movie theaters are bad for me, but anywhere with alot of forced air (A/C or heat) is bad for me. Movie theaters probably seem worse because on top of being a horrible environment for dry eye sufferers, you also are not blinking at your normal rate since you are concentrating on the screen.

When are you scheduled to get fitted for sclerals? Good luck!!

Comment

Sclerals

Tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by kcoffiner View Post
        Tomorrow

Yes, it is horrible! I have been known to wear my Panoptx goggles so I could enjoy. At least it is dark and others wouldn't notice

Tera

Comment

I went to a movie today. I enjoyed it until a few hours after I got home. I got a really odd headache then and my eyes hurt bad. I had meant to at least take my onion goggles with me to put on there and forgot. I probably forgot to blink.

Comment

Yeah I also get problems at the cinema. Last time I went I was blinking about once per second - not very nice. When I got outside the improvement and relief was instant.

Comment

Movies

I should post that since receiving scleral lenses I am much better at watching movies. Positive post from me for once

Comment

I used to carry a whole pocketful of vials and drops to the theater, and would end up with RAW eyeballs by the end of the movie. Not to mention blurry vision from all the drops. I hardly ever go to the theater now---even though my eyes are much better. All the popcorn-gobbling noises, and people texting, and families having whole conversations with each other in the row behind me, it took the enjoyment out of it. I realized that people act in the movie theater just like they act in their own living rooms---eating salami sandwiches, belching, commenting aloud, getting up and down constantly, cramming food into their mouths, dumping their trash on the floor.

Maybe I'm too sensitive. Anyway, sorry for the rant; it has nothing to do with dry eyes. I used to enjoy the theater, seems like. Maybe I've become an old fart. My Sjogren's has definitely contributed to my less-than-enthusiastic attitude, unfortunately. I'm more of a home-body than I was, that's for sure.

C

Comment

Originally posted by kcoffiner View Post
                  I should post that since receiving scleral lenses I am much better at watching movies. Positive post from me for once
                  You are able to date with homesome guys now?

I haven't gone to cinema n years...I am afriad for getting new friends...

And also for evening, after 6:00pm, so afriad...

Comment

Working...
                  X